I help health care technology innovators manage data privacy and security compliance and business growth through legal, business and strategic advising. I've been thinking about health law, policy and business for a long time and bring that experience to bear on behalf of my clients.
I am a health care lawyer and consultant with over thirty years' public and private sector experience, which has given me a unique perspective on legal, policy and business issues facing the health care community.
I am adept at assisting clients in developing new paradigms for their business organizations, relationships and processes so as to maximize the realization of organizational goals in a highly regulated environment, in realms ranging from health data privacy and security to digital health strategy to physician-hospital relationships to the avoidance of fraud and abuse. I've been called "an expert on HIPAA and other health-related law issues [who] knows more than virtually anyone on those topics.” (Forbes.com.)
- Health Care Law
- The Harlow Group LLC
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts State Bar
- - Current
- HealthBlawg :: David Harlow's Health Care Law Blog
- OCR Settles First Case in Right of Access Initiative
9 September 2019
- My next chapter
5 August 2019
- Prescription Plumbing: Surescripts VP Andrew Mellin — Harlow On Healthcare
22 July 2019
- Trepidation about transparency (in healthcare prices)? Take a closer look.
18 July 2019
- Jeanne Pinder, CEO of Clear Health Costs – Harlow On Healthcare
8 July 2019
- A step in the right direction for telemedicine: Medicare Advantage
1 July 2019
- Cost transparency – The next grand experiment in healthcare
25 June 2019
- Nick VanDuyne, RHIOs and the SHIN-NY — Harlow On Healthcare
24 June 2019
- You Had One Job, or, If you can’t ensure data security, then ….
18 June 2019