Free Consultation: (610) 792-3304Tap to Call This Lawyer
David E Schreiber

David E Schreiber

Wolpert Schreiber P.C. We work for your case
  • Consumer Law, Personal Injury, Products Liability
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

David has been an Attorney at Law since 1994. His emphasis is on Personal Injury Cases. These include: insurance claims, motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall injuries due to defective premises, full tort, limited tort, motorcycle accidents, wrongful death, drunk driving accidents, dog bites, insurance claims and defective products. He has successfully handled hundreds of cases, including complex litigation in Federal and Pennsylvania Courts.

He began his career as a Stateâs Attorney with the "Governor's Law Firm", called the Office of General Counsel. He represented the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in civil actions, including winning cases on appeal before the Commonwealth Court.

He has been in the private practice of law since 1998. He is one of the few civil litigation lawyers specializing in injury cases who has worked exclusively both as a lawyer for injured people and in-house for a large law group defending claims when he was with the "Governor's Law Firm".

David is honored to help people who come to us to solve their problems. His goal is to seek truth and accountability, while working as hard as possible for our clients. David has obtained over $7 million in recoveries for clients over 5 years. Mothers Against Drunk Driving has recommended David to victims of drunk driving accidents who need legal respresentation. He is actively involved in local charities, including President of the Springford Rotary Club 2010-11.

- West Virginia University, Cum Laude, 1991, B.A., English
- Widener University School of Law, 1994, J.D., Intensive Trial Advocacy Program

Practice Areas
  • Consumer Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Products Liability
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
    No fee unless we win your case.
Professional Experience
Wolpert Schreiber P.C
Emphasis on Personal Injury Including: Insurance Disputes, Car Accidents, Defective Products, Consumer Protection, Full Tort, Limited Tort, Motorcycle Accidents
Widener University
J.D. | Law
Honors: Intensive Trial Advocacy Program
Professional Associations
Springford Rotary Club
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
12 Questions Answered

Q. How long does a plantif have to respond to the filing of a products liability suit?
A: Your question is unclear. The plaintiff is the party that files the suit. The defendant must then respond. Typically, in federal court, the defendant has 20 days to file an answer to the complaint.
Q. I had Medtronic leads on my implanted heart device. Had no notice of class action. Can I still get comp.?
A: First, you should contact the law firm that is doing the class action. It's also possible you have rights to bring your own action if you are deemed to have opted out of the class.
Q. A lawer told me he failed a suit regarding my personal injury over 2years,how can I find out if such was filed or if my.
A: It's a little difficult to understand your question. If you are saying the lawyer told you he filed suit within the 2 year deadline, but you want to check that, you can do several things. First, if he filed a complaint, you would have been required to sign a verification, so you should know that. If he/she filed a Writ of Summons, that wouldn't require your signature but it would be docketed. First, you should ask your lawyer for a date-stamped copy of whatever was filed (meaning, if it was filed, the court will have stamped the date of filing on it). If the lawyer does not give you the information, you could also contact the court and ask them to look up the docket for you or you could go to the prothonotary's office yourself and ask them. You should ask your lawyer for the docket number.
Q. Am i required to go to trial if the defendant doesn't agree to settle or can i ask for an ADR?
A: The lawyer must abide by your request. After all, it is your case. If there is an offer made and you want to accept it, then it is your decision. However, if the defense has never agreed to that offer, then it limits your options. "ADR", alternate dispute resolution, is typically something both side must agree to do. Otherwise, yes, you would have to proceed to trial.
Q. How long can an accident law suit continue? accident happened over 4 years ago and still no day in court
A: It all depends on which county (if it's in state court) and what the lawyers are doing. For example, some counties like Chester County, place cases on the trial list within a certain period of time. Otherwise, the defense lawyers can file a motron for summary judgment which would ask the court to dismiss the case before it goes to court. Or, in some counties, a "trial praecipe" must be filed with the court to get it listed for trial. You should ask your lawyer what is going on with the case.
Q. Do i need a personal injury attorney for a slip and fall in a national park
A: I would need more information. However, you may need an attorney if you want to pursue a case.
Q. If you live outside PA, and a lawyer wants you to come there for depo what can you do
A: The burden is on the attorney to subpoena you (I assume you are not a party to the lawsuit?). They would have to go through a process of having you served in your state which can be difficult for the attorney. Otherwise, a simple request is typically not binding on you. I don't have all the facts, so I can only generalize and can't give you legal advice in your case from the limited information in your question.
Q. My ATT.filed a civil suit in fed court. A judge appt. bottom of page..."Jury Demanded",..NONE. Whats that mean?
A: From your question, you haven't indicated what type of case it is. But, some cases permit the Plaintiff the option to choose whether they want to request a jury. This could be either that the damages don't exceed the limits for arbitration or that the Plaintiff would rather have a trial before just a judge. In the latter instance, however, the defendant can still make a jury trial demand.
Q. My son was recovering from 11 surgeries including hip, ankles and arm (has special needs). Went to rehab facility and wh
A: It's possible he may have a viable case. What has his ongoing treatment consisted of? I would be happy to answer more of your questions.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
527 Main Street
Royersford, PA 19468
Telephone: (610) 792-3304