Free Consultation: (209) 533-8636Tap to Call This Lawyer
David Carl Beyersdorf

David Carl Beyersdorf

Straight Talk. No Nonsense.
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Personal Injury...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Personal Injury
  • Domestic Violence
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    On all personal injury cases, they are done on a contingent fee basis
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Hmong: Spoken
Seattle University School of Law
J.D. | Law
Seattle University School of Law Logo
University of Washington
B.A. (1997) | Social Science
Placeholder image for education.
Top 100 Trail Lawyers
National Trial Lawyers
Professional Associations
State Bar of California # 230592
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Washington State Bar # 31741
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
24 Questions Answered

Q. I got charged with 11378. My public defender said the driver might be a potential witness,so what does that mean?
A: If your lawyer talks to the witness, then your lawyer becomes a potential witness. Here is how: Witness tells your lawyer that the meth was actually theirs and that you didn't even know it was there. Then later while in trial, the witness gets cold feet and says that they don't know anything about any meth. Now your lawyer is a witness to tell the jury that they are changing their story. This is called impeachment. The reason an investigator is used is so that there is a different person that the lawyer can call to the stand in this situation and ask what the witness said before. Additionally, your attorney does not want to be accused to telling the witness what to say. If there is someone else interviewing the witness, then that won't happen.
Q. If a cop lies on the stand,and the public defender orders the dash cam from 2 years ago ?will he have to hand it over?
A: The attorney can make a request for discovery. If the dash cam exists, then the DA is required to produce it. If it proved that the officer lied, then that could certainly help the defense case.
Q. If i was intoxicated while in the back of a cop car but not arrested,how can i stop the d.a from using that evidence?
A: Lawyer up. What you are wanting to do may not have the affect that you think it will have. Rather than dismissing the charge on the person you are trying to protect, the DA may just charge you both if you now say it was yours.
Q. I was charged with a lewd act over the internet with a minor . Can I reopen the case and get a better deal ?
A: I have good news and bad news. Good: If you skipped court, the case was never completed. Depending on where you were in the process when you took off, you might still be able to fight the case. Bad: If you skipped court, the DA's office can file a 1320. Failure to appear on a felony case carries up to 3years. If there are enhancements, that only goes up. More Bad: You will not be able to fight the case from abroad.
Q. Did I commit a 459 burglary first degree if I went into a school room on a Sat when school wasn't in session and stole?
A: Hire a lawyer to look at this. You need to stop admitting to crimes. This is not a private and confidential forum. More details would be needed to accurately answer your question, and you'd be advised not to provide ANY more details here.
Q. Could the charges be dropped due to bad policing and violating the rights of the residents?
A: There might be a suppression motion here, and there might not. Contact your lawyer about it. From your question, it sounds like you are also on probation. If that's the case, then you are likely subject to search without a warrant. It wouldn't matter if the police were looking for someone else.
Q. My wife was attacked and beatin by her brother. Can i press charges for my wife?
A: The only one who can charge him is the District Attorney. You can certainly report the crime. If you are a witness, you can tell the police what you know. The police would likely do an investigation including interviewing your sister and at least trying to interview her brother. After that, the DA decides what to do.
Q. If I allegedly stole from my county of residence, and my court appointed attorney is employed by that same county,as is
A: Not likely.
Q. My boyfriend is in custody for second degree burglery and was on probation already what can I do to get pro bono lawyer
A: Good news. All your boyfriend has to do is ask the court. So long as he qualifies financially, an attorney will be appointed..
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
195 South Washington Street
Sonora, CA 95370
Telephone: (209) 533-8636
Fax: (209) 533-8683