Attorney Darnelle P. Toth was born and raised in Orlando, Florida and believes that it is vitally important to serve the Central Florida local community in which she has lived her entire life. Attorney Toth attended law school a little later in life and as a result has diverse career background that includes experiences in the service industry and entrepreneurship. Attorney Toth developed her entrepreneurial and business skills at a very young age by owning and operating a Hawaiian Shaved Ice business in her early twenties. She then went to work in the airline industry which exposed her to many different cultures and classes of people while working for British Airways. It also taught her how to work under pressure in a very structured and regimented atmosphere.
Attorney Toth completed her undergraduate studies at Valencia Community College and the University of Central Florida and earned a Juris Doctorate from Florida A&M College of Law in 2005. Florida A&M University is a community service oriented institution which helped to further instill in her the importance of giving back to the community. Attorney Toth was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2005 and serves her community by providing criminal defense and family law legal services to the greater Orlando area. She is an active member of both the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL) and the Seminole County Young Lawyers Division since 2007.
Prior to starting her own law practice in February of 2008, Attorney Toth worked as an Assistant Public Defender in Seminole county. Similar to the airlines, it was a very fast-paced, high-pressure type of work environment. It is Attorney Toth's diverse career background that makes her a well-rounded person and attorney who is better able to relate to a broad spectrum of potential clients.
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Assistant Public Defender
- Seminole County Public Defender's Office
- Manage approximately 100 active cases each month, interacting one-on-one with an average of 20 clients per week with an additional 50 client telephone communications. Advise clients of legal rights, providing strategy and defense counsel, as well as ongoing case status. Handle depositions, motions (evidentiary, suppression, and bail), client conferences, research, hearings, and trial preparation. Clearly articulate legal principles during jury trials. Provide mentorship and instruction to new attorneys regarding misdemeanor trial preparation and proceedings. Key Strengths / Achievements: ? Promoted to Assistant Public Defender (in felony division) after successful tenure in Misdemeanor Criminal Division—handled cases ranging from third degree felonies up to life sentences. ? Obtained “not guilty” verdicts in seven misdemeanor jury trials as first-chair attorney; second-chaired an additional six misdemeanor trials. ? Demonstrated excellence in negotiations – repeatedly achieving improved outcome for clients in reduced / dropped charges and reduced sentences.
- Florida A&M University, College of Law
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor
- Florida State Bar # 18250
- - Current