Daniel W. Watkins is an experienced litigator and true trial attorney with over 50 Jury and Bench trials to his credit in 30 years of practice. He has successfully represented both large companies and individuals, and achieved substantial victories in well-publicized trials throughout California and Wisconsin.
Mr. Watkins has successfully tried and litigated cases in the areas of Healthcare Compliance, Commercial Litigation, Unfair Business Practices, Fraud, Breach of Contract, Battery, Premises Liability, Product Defect, Medical Malpractice, Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Construction Defect, as well as Unfair Competition, Defamation, and Trade Secret. In December 2003, Mr. Watkins commenced litigation against Health South Surgery Centers-West, Inc and its’ subsidiaries, exposing the company’s extensive mismanagement and misconduct of its’ surgery centers. Mr. Watkins has also been asked by the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California to conduct investigations into matters involving employment discrimination and harassment.
Mr. Watkins has over a decade of experience serving as Cumis counsel and Panel counsel for some of the largest insurance companies in the country. He is experienced in business and corporate formation and administration, as well as all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including binding arbitration and mediation.
In 1993, Mr. Watkins appeared on the National Television Show, ‘Good Morning America,’ where he was interviewed concerning his successful litigation of a highly controversial product liability case. He has also been interviewed by local television news shows and local newspapers regarding the many noteworthy cases he has worked on over the years.
Daniel Watkins is a graduate of Loyola Marymount University where he received a Bachelor of Science Degree. Mr. Watkins went on to graduate from the University of San Diego School of Law in where he received his Juris Doctorate Degree.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Construction Law
- Health Care Law
- Stockbroker & Investment Fraud
- Insurance Claims
- Free Consultation
Please call for a free case evaluation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, Discovery, Mastercard, American Express
- Watkins Firm
- - Current
- University of San Diego School of Law
- J.D. (1986)
- Loyola Marymount University
- B.S. (1983)
- BV Rated
- San Diego Chamber of Commerce
- San Diego County Bar Association
- California State Bar # 128849
- - Current
- Litigation War Stories
- Watkins Firm Website
- Evaluating Employment Contract - Negotiating Pitfalls, 2013 AMSSM 22nd Annual Meeting
- Daniel W. Watkins Website Profile
- Watkins Firm Website
- The Watkins Firm Blog
- Licensing and Distribution Agreements Expand Business Opportunity
16 October 2019
- San Diego Employers Face Increasing Wage and Hour Litigation
15 October 2019
- Corporate Governance and Compliance for San Diego Corporate Entities
14 October 2019
- What to Think About as you Start a Company in San Diego
13 October 2019
- Can An Employee Who Has Left My Employ Sue Me for Unpaid Overtime in San Diego?
12 October 2019
- General Business Counsel for San Diego Employers
11 October 2019
- San Diego Science and Technology Companies Require Legal Skill and Protection in this Quickly Changing Market
10 October 2019
- Real Estate Contracts in San Diego Often Don’t Go According to Form
9 October 2019
- Will San Diego Courts Enforce a Contract or Agreement Even If it Isn’t In Writing?
8 October 2019