Dan has tried over seventy cases to juries, including automobile accident cases for defendants and plaintiffs, medical malpractice cases for plaintiffs and defendants and coverage questions for insurers and insured's.
Dan has represented and obtained recoveries for several minors in significant injury cases and has tried punitive damage cases to juries as well. He has represented clients in hundreds of mediations where he has helped them resolve matters without the expense and uncertainty of trial. Dan also represents clients in Arbitration hearings and represents businesses and professionals in transactional and non litigation of matters, including negotiating and drafting shareholder, member and non-compete agreements, and the acquisition and development of new facilities. Dan uses a trial lawyer's eye to help his clients avoid future litigation, while addressing the matter at hand.
Mr. O'Brien served two elected terms on the Wauwatosa School Board from 2001 to 2007, a district with a $65 million dollar budget, 7,000 students and over 800 employees. He has lectured at the Marquette University Dental School on subject of professional liability and has likewise lectured and spoken at seminars on topics ranging from material misrepresentation and fraud in the insurance claims process to the recovery of diminished value of an automobile in third party cases.
320 East Buffalo St.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
20720 Watertown Rd.
Waukesha, WI 53186
- Insurance Defense
- Medical Malpractice
- Business and Business Litigation
- Coverage and Fraud Work
- Dog Bites
- Plaintiff's Personal Injury
- 7th Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- Attorney, Shareholder
- Halling & Cayo, S.C.
- - Current
- My practice concentrates on litigation and trial work, with an emphasis on insurance defense, fraud and coverage litigation, commercial business disputes, and Plaintiff's personal injury work.
- Schulz, Duffey & O'Brien
- Schellinger & Doyle, S.C.
- Marquette University Law School
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- Wisconsin State Bar
- Marquette University Dental School
- Lecturer, Dental Jurisprudence
- Activities: How to Avoid Professional Liability Claims from a Plaintiff's lawyers Perspective
- State Farm Heartland Regional SIU Conference
- Activities: Material Misrepresentation: What's Fraud Got to Do with It
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company Regional Office
- Activities: Recovery for Diminished Value of an Automobile in Third Party Claims
- Wauwatosa School Board
- Elected Board Member