The difference between an adequate defense and the best defense possible is the result of knowledge, experience and reputation.
All California defense attorneys have passed the bar exam and have some knowledge of the law. Because I was in the trenches handling serious felony cases in the Placer County Public Defender’s Office, I have the experience you can only get from this type of high-intensity legal defense work.
Combining this experience with the knowledge I acquired inventing and developing the CrimeTime criminal sentencing software and Crime Finder mobile applications gives me a clear advantage when it comes to designing case resolutions that are extremely favorable for my clients.
I have a reputation as someone who will be thoroughly prepared and very tough to beat if your case ultimately goes to trial, and it is is absolutely essential to have an effective negotiator on your side.
I have won so many trials in a row that the Placer County District Attorney would let his attorney and support staff watch my closing arguments. After I avoided a first-degree murder conviction the Placer County prosecutor told the judge, “in my career I have never seen anything like that.”
In one winning streak, I avoided convictions on all counts in seven jury trials in a row. Many trial attorneys have never won a case in their career.
Combine my experience and reputation with an extremely specialized knowledge of all the crimes charged in California and the consequences those crimes carry and you have an extremely effective defense attorney on your side.
If you hire me to represent you, I will represent you personally. I do not delegate my cases to other attorneys.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Traffic Tickets
- Free Consultation
- Law Office of Dan Koukol
- General Partner
- The Placer Group
- - Current
- General Partner
- Tauman and Koukol dba Placer County Public Defender’s Office
- Chief Assistant Public Defender and Supervisor of the Felony Trial Team
- Placer County Public Defender’s Office
- University of the Pacific
- J.D. (1984)
- International Moot Court Honors.
- California State University - Sacramento
- B.S. (1980) | Business Administration
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Placer County Bar Association
- California Public Defender’s Association
- CALIFORNIA DUI LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
- California State Bar # 122526
- - Current
- Dan Koukol's Website Profile
- Law Office of Dan Koukol Website
- Placer Public Defender Website
- Dan Koukol's Placer Public Defender Website Profile
- Placer Criminal Defense Lawyer Blog
- Prop 47: What It Means for You
14 December 2015
- DUI Ignition Interlock Devices
9 February 2015
- Defending a DUI or Related Charge before Trial
2 February 2015
- Traffic Checkpoints, Traffic Stops, Arrest, and Vehicle Impound
26 January 2015
- Other Charges Related to DUI
19 January 2015
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs (DUID)
12 January 2015
- DUI with Injury Background and Penalties
5 January 2015
- DUI Background and Penalties
29 December 2014
- Unprecedented Win in Federal Case
15 September 2014