Free Consultation: (617) 657-4529Tap to Call This Lawyer
Dakota Martin

Dakota Martin

Dakota Martin Law
  • Criminal Law, White Collar Crime, Personal Injury ...
  • Massachusetts, New Mexico
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

After practicing for several years as a defense attorney in Albuquerque, New Mexico, attorney Dakota D. Martin returned to Massachusetts to open a criminal defense practice in downtown Boston.

Attorney Martin focuses his practice on criminal defense while taking select personal injury and civil cases.

A member of Suffolk Lawyers For Justice and well established solo practitioner, attorney Martin's represents the accused in courts throughout the Commonwealth.

No matter what you're facing, your case will receive the utmost attention at Dakota Martin Law. Criminal accusations can ruin lives. Defend yourself, but don't do it alone.

Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    White Collar Crime
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    DUI & DWI
    Insurance Claims
    Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New Mexico
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Dakota Martin Law
- Current
Trial Attorney
New Mexico Public Defenders
New England School of Law
J.D. (2007)
Placeholder image for education.
Top 100 Criminal Lawyers
National Trial Lawyers
Top 40 under 40
National Trial Lawyers
Top 40 under 40
National Trial Lawyers
Professional Associations
Boston Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Massachusetts State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Mexico State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Tips for Talking to Police When a Crime is Being Investigated
Speaking Engagements
Law Practice Management, New England School of Law, New England School of Law
New England School of Law
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
30 Questions Answered
Q. A hotel lost my property what is my legal recourses
A: As annoying as this is for you it's not a criminal question. I guess it could be IF they would tell you the name of the employee who took it. You could seek a criminal complaint against him or her. I think that would be a waste of time and recommend being professional and polite with management. Your cards can be replaced, your license as well ***though it's a real inconvenience. Proving the amount of cash may be difficult. Perhaps they will comp your room or another stay. ****If you'd consider staying there again. Don't forget, they didn't want their employee to commit a crime any more than you wanted to be the victim of a crime. They want happy customers....I hope that helps. ... Read More
Q. I've been charged with possession of guns that were stolen in another state, then transported to Massachusetts
A: Is there a warrant? Have you been arraigned? If you have a lawyer, he or she can answer that question.

If you’ve not been to court but found out about the case, you really should show up with a lawyer. Especially if you are from out of state. I know that doesn’t answer your questions but understand that you are not facing the facts. You are not facing the truth. You are facing what the police report says “happened. “ our job as lawyers, often times, is to show what really happened.
Q. Over 1 year of tenancy, my room mate has embezzled $13,600.00 from me. Bills were not paid. He spent all of it. Help!
A: You could go to the district or municipal court near the house and file a private criminal complaint. The clerk will give you a form where you can write the facts you posted on Justia, maybe with a few more details/dates etc. The court will send a notice of a clerks hearing to this guy . You both show up and tell your story. This seems like a waste of time. Why would you want criminal charges? You just want your money back, not to have to pay double bills and to move on. Well if you get the right clerk, he or she will coax him to pay you. He might be able to avoid a criminal record and you are made whole. Alternatively you could file a civil suit but that takes time and money. Remember you are not precluded from filing a civil suit after you file criminal charges. You are a sympathetic person and the court will want to help you. Small claims? Don't waste your time yet. I hope that helps. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
35 India Street
Suite 300
Boston, MA 02110
Telephone: (617) 657-4529