Tax Debt Approach Blog includes updates helpful for taxpayers to constantly evaluate their tax debt options ( https://rebrand.ly/TDABlog )
Tax Controversy Blog includes non-tax debt changes in rules and practical content helpful in dealing with tax agencies ( https://rebrand.ly/TCBlog )
I prepare presentations for the public on tax topics, and provide CLE of value to Attorneys and CPA's due to being a Multiple Activity Provider of Tax Specialization Continuing Education licensed by the Board of Legal Specialization of The State Bar of California.
I help startups emphasizing with an approach of keeping a low profile while gathering data, comparing which jurisdiction will yield the most after tax profit, insulating from liability when possible, outside-the-box mobility, exit strategies, and more.
High Tech (electrical and chemical) engineering is combined with tax specialization to give clients a technical view to success. For both Tax and Patent, with some intelligent insight and guidance, enable advantage in direct proportion to preparation and early attention.
Here are some of my presentation foci and article titles:
Survivability of Your Startup Business
Funding (you really need another creditor?)
Business Model: Manic Survival
Independent Contractor (Employees can be dangerous)
Minimize Tax Liability
Branding: Unique name & Entry orientation
Investor: Unsecured Lender to Isolated Entity
Know your Production Cost to the Penny
Startup and Trouble Modes are emphasized:
Start-up mode includes: Trademark, Patent, Entity Selection, & Operating Optimization.
Trouble mode includes: Evaluating IRS & FTB Non-Compliance Errors & Planning (civil & criminal);
Tax Debt Solutions: Asset Loss Reduction & Transfer Planning; Limiting Current & Future Liability
Please check periodically with https://rebrand.ly/CLE for upcoming free presentations to the public (with or without CLE credit).
- Intellectual Property
- Tax Law
- Japanese: Written
- Russian: Written
- Private Practice of Law
- Curt Harrington / Harrington & Harrington - PATENTAX
- - Current
- Arriving at my concentration in tax law, I started private practice on my own in 1996 as a High Tech Patent & Tax Law Practitioner. I Continue to advise and work with clients on intellectual property and taxation matters, arranging to keep the flexibility throught the current hiatus in classification of IP as largely non-capital gain asset, I prepare high technology patent, trademark and copyright applications and legal research. Assist clients in setting up a technology business to take advantage of tax provisions. Technical areas include electronics, optics, microwave, chemical and mechanical. From 3/1996-6/2006: I worked as Curtis L. Harrington & Associates, Long Beach, maintaining foreign associates as I developed my tax expertise, culminating with an LL.M tax in 1997, becoming enrolled befor the IRS in 2000, becoming a state bar tax specialist in 2001 (and later serving the California Board of Legal Specialization for 10 years, including 5 years as a tax advisory committee member, and 5 years on the main oversight board overseeing all specializations. I continued to advise and work with clients on intellectual property and taxation matters, prepare high technology patent, trademark and copyright applications and legal research. Assist clients in setting up a technology business to take advantage of tax provisions. Technical scientific areas include electronics, optics, microwave, chemical and mechanical.
- Auburn University
- B.S. | Chemistry
- University of Houston - Main Campus
- University System of Georgia - Georgia Institute of Technology
- M.S. | Chemical Engineering
- University of Oklahoma
- University of San Diego School of Law
- LL.M. | Taxation
- California State University - Long Beach
- M.S. | Electrical Engineering
- California State Bar # 129423
- - Current
- Taxation Law in Los Angeles
- California State Bar