Courtney Edwards

Courtney Edwards

Carlson, Edwards, and O'Connor, Attorneys at Law, P.C.
  • Criminal Law, Divorce, DUI & DWI...
  • Colorado
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Courtney Edwards graduated from the University of Wyoming College of Law in May of 2013, with honors, and is a member of the Order of the Coif. During law school she was an active member of the board for the student bar association, the Potter Law Club, and a member of Wyoming Law Students for Equal Justice.

After graduating, Courtney worked as a Deputy District Attorney in Eagle, Colorado, prosecuting traffic, misdemeanor, and felony cases. During her time with the District Attorney’s Office, Courtney acted as the prosecutorial representative on the local Access to Justice Committee as well as the Recovery Courts (DUI Court and Drug Court) in Eagle County.

Courtney has intimate knowledge and experience with the criminal justice system. She is a strong advocate for those finding themselves in the system and will provide guidance along the way. Courtney also holds strong beliefs that everyone should have equal access to justice through the courts. That means adequate assistance and representation in all types of cases, especially where family and children are involved. Courtney is committed to helping those in need by offering services to help in family law matters and estate planning.

Though Courtney may have grown up under the great blue skies of Wyoming, she is now proud to call the beautiful Vail Valley home and loves to explore all Colorado has to offer. When away from the office she enjoys camping, hiking, skiing, snowboarding, and whitewater SUP with her new husband, Jamie.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Divorce
  • DUI & DWI
  • Estate Planning
  • Family Law
  • Probate
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Domestic Violence
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Real Estate Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Free consultation for criminal matters. For all other matters pleas contact our office for consultation fees.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Partner
Carlson, Edwards, and O'Connor, Attorneys at Law, P.C.
- Current
Associate Attorney
Carlson & Carlson, Attorneys at Law, P.C.
- Current
Deputy District Attorney
5th Judicial District Attorney's Office
University of Wyoming College of Law
J.D. (2013)
Honors: Graduated with Honors, Dean's List
Activities: Potter Law Club (student bar association), Wyoming Law Students for Equal Justice, Delta Theta Phi
University of Wyoming
B.S. (2007) | Marketing
Honors: Dean's List
Order of the Coif
University of Wyoming College of Law Chapter of the Order of the Coif
For high attainments in the study of law
Professional Associations
State Bar of Colorado # 46109
Rotary International
- Current
5th Judicial District Access to Justice
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
34 Questions Answered

Q. My daughter's 30 gets a settlement from Dad passing away could I get compensation for back child support
A: You can file a claim against the estate. You'll need to send your claim to the personal representative.
Q. Can a step parents committing child abuse stop custody of a parent?
A: It is absolutely reasonable to file a motion to modify parenting time based on the wife's abuse, especially if the child's dad was there and did nothing to stop it. Steps need to be taken to protect your child during father's parenting time- a motion to modify parenting time, alleging that the child is in danger, is the way to do it.
Q. My charge is injury by property in Aurora. I chose a trial by jury. What should I do to prepare?
A: If the judge finds that the breaking of the phone was an act of domestic violence, the classes and probation are mandatory. So, I'd say your chances of community service and fine only aren't great. I would suggest that you meet with an attorney, if you aren't already represented, to prepare you for what to expect at a trial.
Q. My mother gave me (20) a painful bruise while trying to take a roll of tape from me and I was not sure what I can do
A: You could report the assault to the police- they would investigate and determine if an arrest or summons was warranted. If they arrested her for assault, the judge could impose a protection order to protect you from her. However, in Colorado, domestic violence refers to folks who a in an intimate relationship, not strictly a familiar relationship and an arrest and protection order aren't mandatory in your case. You could also apply for a civil protection order against her without being involved in the criminal court. The problem is, you live in her house, so that would need to be addressed somehow.
Q. I have full custody of my three nephews, I just found out that my sister in law the opposing party has my three nephews
A: It depends on what the last court order states.
Q. I am currently receiving $700 per month for 2 children. This was set 5 years ago when I was making a decent wage.
A: Your local Child Support Services office may be able to help you with collection and a modification of the amount. I would try giving them a call since you are unemployed due to health issues.
Q. I am currently on probation i just got a ticket for driving without a license in denver what will happen
A: It depends on the terms of your probation. Typically, a standard term of probation is that you must report any contact you have with the police to your probation officer. If you are able to get a driver's license, go do that asap so that you have a driver's license by your first court date. If you plead guilty or are found guilty, it could impact your probation- especially if one of your terms is that you may not drive without a valid driver's license.
Q. I need to know what motions to file to Quash a warrant in Adams county co
A: You would file a "Motion to Quash Warrant."
Q. What are the penalties expected for a first offender of code 42-4-1301(1)(b) if blood alcohol content was 0.06
A: If you are convicted of or plead guilty to DWAI first, the possible penalties are 2 -180 days in jail, completion of an alcohol evaluation and any recommended treatment, a fine of $200 - $500, 24 hours of community service, and up to two years of supervised probation. However, you should ask for a deferred judgment or some other type of plea because if you plead guilty to DWAI with a .06, it still counts as a "first offense" if you were to get a second one.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Carlson, Edwards, and O'Connor, Attorneys at Law, P.C.
56 Edwards Village Blvd.
Ste 121, Unit 1
Edwards, CO 81632
Telephone: (970) 845-7090
Fax: (970) 668-5121
Carlson, Edwards, and O'Connor, Attorneys at Law, P.C.
975 North Ten Mile Drive, Suite E-1
PO Box 1829
Frisco, CO 80443
Telephone: (970) 668-1678
Fax: (970) 668-5121