Clyde GuilamoChicagoland Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets, DUI & DWI ...
Clyde Guilamo is a trial lawyer with heart! He cares about his clients, he cares about his cases, and he cares about the result! When you aren't looking for a plea deal and want to take your case to trial, you want attorney Clyde Guilamo by your side. He is smart, he is good, and he is a lawyer that you can trust.
Clyde Guilamo graduated from Northwestern University with degrees in Mathematics and Economics. He then attended Chicago-Kent College of Law, where he represented the school in its mock trial competition team, becoming the Midwest Champion in an American Bar Association sponsored competition. From 2011 to 2021, Clyde served as an Assistant States Attorney in Cook, Kankakee, and DeKalb County. He now serves as a Criminal Defense Lawyer across the Chicagoland Area.
- Criminal Law
- Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Traffic Tickets
- Suspended License
- DUI & DWI
- Juvenile Law
- Cannabis & Marijuana Law
- Medical Marijuana
- White Collar Crime
- Sex Crimes
- Property Tax Law
Call Attorney Clyde Guilamo and experience the difference. He will treat you with respect. He will listen to you fully. And he will discuss the law that applies in your case.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
We accept all forms of payment that you can think of: Cash, Check, E-check, Money Orders, Venmo, CashApp, Zelle, Credit Cards, Certified Checks, and Debit Cards. If there is something we left out, let us know!
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Felony Assistant Public Defender
- Kendall County Public Defender's Office
- Felony Assistant State's Attorney
- DeKalb County State's Attorney's Office
- Complex Narcotics Prosecutor
- Kankakee County State's Attorney's Office
- Assistant State's Attorney
- Cook County State's Attorney's Office
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
- J.D. (2011)
- Honors: Regional Champion - ABA Labor and Employment Mock Trial Competition
- Activities: Trial Team
- Northwestern University
- B.A. (2008) | Mathematics, Economics
- Activities: Alianza - Treasurer Multicultural Greek Council - President
- Top 40 Under 40 - Criminal Defense Lawyer
- National Black Lawyers Association
- The National Black Lawyers Association named Clyde Guilamo as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Black Criminal Defense Lawyers in Illinois. Membership in this exclusive organization is by invitation only and is limited to the top 40 attorneys under the age of 40 in each state who have demonstrated excellence and have achieved outstanding results in their careers.
- Regional Champion
- American Bar Association - Labor and Employment Competition
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin - Volume 156, No. 233.
- State Bar of Illinois  # 6306079
- What is a Plea Agreement?
- What is an Arraignment Hearing
- Property Tax Workshop, St. Wenceslaus Church, Chicago
- Century 21 SGR
- Century 21 SGR is bringing in a Property Tax Attorney Clyde Guilamo to walk you through the steps of appealing your home valuation and lower your tax bill.
7 Tips for Hiring a LawyerCan Police Search Your Car Because of Odor of Cannabis | Illinois Sniff and Search Law
The current state of Illinois law regarding searches of vehicle based on odor of cannabis.Emonte Morgan's Sentencing Range for death of CPD Officer Ella French
Possible Sentence for Emonte Morgan, who is charged with killing Chicago Police Officer Ella French.Public Defender vs Private Lawyer | Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose The Public Defender
Comparison of Public Defenders and Private LawyersReal Lawyer Reacts to Will Smith Slapping Chris Rock
What can Will Smith be charged with for slapping Chris Rock?Tax Bill Calculation
Attorney Clyde Guilamo explains how a Cook County Homeowner's property tax bill is calculated.
- Q. During a plenary order of protection hearing my attorney failed to present the evidence and witnesses
- A: Hello. I'm sorry to hear that all of that happened to you. Unfortunately, you did not actually include a question to answer. Try re-writing the question.
- Q. Is there any punishment if any?
- A: If this incident happened in Indiana, you should post this as a question for lawyers in Indiana. Crimes are charged in the county where the crime occurred, not in the county where you live. But to answer you underlying question, yes you can be charged for underringing items at a self checkout. I've had to defend someone for that very situation. If the amount is very small, an innocent mistake would definitely explain it. But if the difference was more than $100, less people will think that it was a mistake.
- Q. Can police charge someone just for their fingerprints being found on a small of drugs if that's all they have?
- A: Yes. Charging someone with an offense is different from being found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. What's important here is that fingerprints show that a some point, a person has touched an object. Fingerprints cannot tell you when a person touched an object. Generally, a good defense attorney should know how to argue a fingerprint only case.