Free Consultation: (903) 675-5691Tap to Call This Lawyer
Cliff WilliamsLaw Office of Cliff Williams
- Energy, Oil & Gas Law, Estate Planning, Bankruptcy ...
Claimed Lawyer Profile
A business attorney with more than 10 years experience with business law, property law, oil and gas law experience. Cliff also helps people, from time to time, with family law and other litigation issues.
Cliff has degrees in Business Management and for 20 years prior to law school, Cliff spent his time in a variety of sales and management positions. He is aware of what it takes to make a profit, secure a business and project a great image to the community.
For a free consultation, please feel free to call or visit my web page.
For more information, visit: https://bcwilliamslaw.com
- Energy, Oil & Gas Law
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Free Consultation
- English: Spoken, Written
- Attorney at Law
- Law Office of Cliff Williams
- - Current
- I now own my private practice where I cover a range of legal representation including Family Law, Criminal Law, Bankruptcy Law, Estate Planning, and continue to serve the community's Oil and Gas Law needs.
- Legal Counsel
- Guidon Operating, LLC
- As an equity partner, I provide guidance and support to all departments on legal issues related to acquisitions, divestitures, Texas RRC, drilling, and operations. Provide updates and supporting information to Blackstone on acquisitions, divestitures. Review all documents and instruments for the company. Ensure broker compliance and liaise with outside counsel on large acquisitions, litigation and compliance issues. Engage all departments on corporate law through written communication and oral communication. Management and oversight of contract workers and contract management via the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Senior Counsel
- Legacy Reserves Operating, LP
- Worked as a part of the legal team at Legacy performing my part of the support and overview role. Directly managed the mortgage with relation to all property issues including partial releases for trades or divestitures, accretions to the mortgage and developed solid relationships with lender's administrators and their law firms to enhance our ability to communicate issues and obtain documents or modifications to the land side of the mortgage. Directly provide support to the Land Department by reviewing all negotiation documents and record instruments to coalesce the approach to non-op partners across the various states and Texas regions. Participate in all acquisitions and divestitures by reviewing the transaction for the business development team. I was directly responsible for keeping track of the acreage positions and amounts for SEC reporting. Developed a program by which Legacy divested negative cash value properties that were non-op.
- Legal Counsel
- Sinochem Group - Sinochem Oil Co.,
- Participated in the formation of the company, oversaw the due diligence concerning the $1.7 billion partnership with Pioneer Natural Resources. Reviewed and gave final approval recommendation to the Director and mainland board for all activities relative to the Sinochem Petroleum USA entity. Actively participated as a part of the Sinochem Group legal group with international participation in reviews, collaboration meetings, and problem-solving discussions. Spearhead the documentation for a $1 billion dollar loan from the Chinese Central Bank working alongside a team of our U.S. group which included the Vice President of Finance, the Director of U.S. Operations and other participants.
- Land Manager and Legal Counsel
- Omimex Group
- Managed the corporate formation and dissolution of international entities in Columbia, Grand Cayman, as well as several U.S. States. Directly managed all land personnel, brokers, and outside attorneys involved in litigation, opinions and title matters. Regularly met with landowners and mineral owners to settle disputes, settle damages or other efforts to maintain great working relationships with owners in our areas of operations.
- Oil and Gas
- Texas A&M University School of Law
- J.D. (2010) | Law
- Activities: National Mock Trial, Student Bar Association
- University of Pheonix
- B.B.M. (2007)
- Honors: Graduated with a 4.0 GPA
- State Bar of Texas  # 24075709
Contact & Map