Free Consultation: (724) 229-9500Tap to Call This Lawyer
Clark Mitchell

Clark Mitchell

  • Estate Planning, Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation...
  • Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Washington and Jefferson College BA degree, University of Akron School of Law JD degree. Over 43 years experience in the handling of personal injury, workers compensation and social security claims. I have represented the Boilermakers Local 154, various USW Locals. and CWA 13000 regarding workers compensation and other legal matters.

Practice Areas
  • Estate Planning
  • Personal Injury
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Probate
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Divorce
  • Employment Law
  • Energy, Oil & Gas Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
University of Akron School of Law
J.D. | law
University of Akron School of Law Logo
Washington & Jefferson College
B.A. (1969) | Political Science
Activities: moot court
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Pa. Bar Assoc., Washington and Allegheny County Bar Assoc.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Pennsylvania State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
12 Questions Answered

Q. Hi! I am going through a divorce. My parents and I bought our house before husband and I married. How is it divided?
A: If you purchased the property pre marriage then only the increase in value during marriage potentially becomes marital property.
Q. how do I get my name off a loan I cosigned for years ago?
A: If you didn't take care of it in the divorce settlement you might be stuck. Financial institutions are reluctant to remove a name unless one of the parties refinanced the loan. Check with your Ex to see if they will refinance the debt.
Q. Is there case law where concussions and permanent brain damage extended personal injury statute of limitations ?
A: The answer is two years from the date of the accident unless you are a juvenile. Then it is two years after you become 18. In a medical malpractice case the statute is two years from the time of the occurrence or two years from the time that you learned the occurrence was a result of medical malpractice.
Q. A lady ran a stop sign and caused an accident with her husbands car but he told insurance she didn't have permission to
A: Unfortunately you will need to consult legal counsel. There are numerous questions: Is the wife living with husband, Is she named under the liability policy, What was her purpose in driving his care, what is their history.
Q. Can my husband sell our farm without my consent even though we are currently (not legally) separated?
A: Absolutely he can sell it. You need to contact a lawyer asap to file a complaint in divorce and then a petition to freeze all assets.
Q. Can they stop workmans comp. for smoking marijuana that is used for chronic pain and depression?
A: First of all Comp can't be stopped without hearings and order of the Judge. If marijuana is legal in the state and doctor perscribes it,probably no. In Pa it is I believe still illegal. So the defense would try to stop your benefits. Whether they would win or not depends on much more
Q. The Injury Info on a Supplemental Agreement for Compensation-Disability/Perm is wrong. Does this matter & should I sign?
A: You need to file an Answer to the Suspension just to protect yourself. Not having seen the Supplinental Agreement it would be difficult to give you the proper answer.
Q. Are there time constraints on how long it can take to get my settlement?
A: It can take a few months to complete all the paper work. First, you need to sign a settlement agreement with your husband. Then the company handling the 401k will need to have a qualified domestic relations order. This process can take up to 3-6 months. If you have concerns contact your lawyer
Q. I smoked marijuana while on workmans comp and they found out. Can they stop my benefits?
A: It would all depend. If the use of marijuana affects your ability to do your job and is keeping you from returning to work, then yes. Otherwise if you use it at home it's not relevant in my opinion
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
17 S College St
Washington, PA 15301