Free Consultation: (617) 367-8787Tap to Call This Lawyer
Christopher Tolley

Christopher Tolley

Board of Governors, Mill Corner COndominium Association
  • Consumer Law, Construction Law, Real Estate Law ...
  • Massachusetts
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Meeting Your Business And Personal Legal Needs
Your needs are our needs. Your goals are our goals. We strive to provide our clients the best representation we can, employing rigorous legal analysis and considerable experience to develop client relationships where we consistently deliver success. From common to complex legal issues we seek solutions that are creative, inventive, even counter-intuitive – but always practical.

Our areas of practice include:

Debt Collection Regulation - Federal and Massachusetts
Construction Supplier Litigation
Real estate transactions – buying, selling, mortgages title issues, title insurance
Commercial and Consumer Collections
Commercial And Consumer Mortgage Foreclosures
Personal injury
Chapter 7 and 13 for Individuals and Small Businesses
Bankruptcy and creditors’ rights litigation

Focus and Determination
We are diligent and proactive, thorough and meticulous. We expends the time and resources necessary to fully address our clients’ needs. As a small office, we give our clients’ matters personal attention.

Collaboration and Litigation
We have the experience and judgment to employ negotiation, collaboration and strategic concession as needed, as well as the flexibility to abandon either friendly or hostile approaches to meet evolving needs.

Keeping You Informed
You are our partner and employer. Your understanding of what we are doing and why is critical to our success. We keep you informed so you can advise us on whether we are performing according to your goals, needs and wants. We are always here to answer questions.

Part of a Team
The Phillips & Angley culture of mutual support and collaboration means I and my clients can call on the additional wealth of experience and acumen of my colleagues.

Please call me at 617-367-8787 or email at to learn more.

Phillips & Angley
1 Washington St. Suite 7A
Boston, MA 02108


Practice Areas
  • Consumer Law
  • Construction Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Collections
  • Bankruptcy
  • Personal Injury
  • Free Consultation
    Initial consultation and discussion of your legal matter is free.
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I work almost exclusively on an hourly basis. For certain matters I accept flat fees. I accept contingent fees only after consultation and investigation.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
1st Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Board of Governors, Mill Corner COndominium Association
Town of Acton Planning Board, Former Chairman, Former Member
Suffolk University Law School
J.D. (1986)
Suffolk University Law School Logo
Bowdoin College
B.A. (1981)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
American Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Real Estate Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Massachusetts State Bar  # 548180
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
52 Questions Answered

Q. can a seller back out of a verbal agreement for sale of their house 3 hours after accepting because a better offer came.
A: Yes. To be enforceable, an agreement to sell real property must be in writing.
Q. Real Estate Law Question Can the seller back out of a signed agreement to sell a piece of land to a real estate agency
A: Your agreement with the seller governs what rights the seller has to back out of the deal and your rights to your deposit. This is not an ordinary purchase transaction and I strongly suggest you consult an attorney for a thorough review of all relevant documents.
Q. The plumber who is fixing my boiler has been in and out over 3 weeks. If i hire someone else instead, do I have to pay?
A: If you have not agreed on the work he is to perform and what you are required to pay him, you do not have a contract. He may have a right to compensation for his visits but it would be up to him to show what he did and the basis for any compensation he claims to be entitled to. I suggest you hire a reliable plumber and get the problem fixed. If the current plumber demands payment, tell him you will not pay until he justifies his work and the amount he has charged you.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
1 Washington Mall Suite 7A
Boston, MA 02108
Telephone: (617) 367-8787