Free Consultation: (781) 484-1066Tap to Call This Lawyer
Christopher J Finn

Christopher J Finn

  • Divorce, Family Law, Personal Injury
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Raised in Saugus, Massachusetts, on Boston’s north shore, Attorney Christopher J. Finn is proud to have established his law office in the town in which he grew up. Chris received his J.D., cum laude, from Suffolk University Law School located in downtown Boston, with a Business Law and Financial Services Concentration with Distinction. He served on the Editorial Board of his law school’s Transnational Law Review and has won an award for his outstanding oral advocacy. Chris has appeared and successfully argued motions and trials in the District, Superior and Probate and Family Courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Christopher Finn Saugus Attorney Chris was recently selected as a “Top 40 Under 40? by The National Trial Lawyers. The Top 40 Under 40 is an organization comprised of the top 40 trial lawyers from each state, under the age of 40, who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results and leadership as an attorney. Prior to founding Finn & Eaton, P.C., Chris worked as Associate Counsel at a small law firm, and has held internships at State Street Bank, the Corporate Department of WilmerHale, and as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Judge Albert Conlon of Lynn District Court. In addition to his law practice, Chris is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, the Essex County Bar Association, and The Divorce Center. He is the creator of the only free and accurate Massachusetts Child Support Calculator Application for the Android OS, which can be found in the Google Play Store. He has volunteered his time serving on the Saugus Affordable Housing Trust, and currently serves as an Alternate of the Saugus Zoning Board of Appeals, as a member of the Economic Development Committee in Saugus, on the Board of Directors for his local Lions International Club, and proudly represents Precinct 9 of Saugus as an elected Town Meeting Member.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Suffolk University Law School
Honors: Business and Financial Services Concentration with distinction
Suffolk University Law School Logo
Super Lawyers Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Top 40 Under 40 Attorney in Massachusetts
The National Trial Lawyers
Professional Associations
State Bar of Massachusetts # 679157
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Finn & Eaton, P.C.
Finn & Eaton, P.C. Blog
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered

Q. She asked me to leave and is now dating do I have claim to home it in her name
A: The short answer is if you are married, you have a potential claim in a divorce action to a percentage of the equity in the home regardless of whose name it is in. What that percentage is, if any at all, will be dependent on a number of factors, that will determine what an equitable (or fair) split is. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns Very truly yours, Chris
Q. My condo is in my name and the deed. Will I have to move or buy her out
A: It is possible, but very much dependent on the facts of your case. Things like the length of your marriage, when it was purchased, what the equity (if any) is, all are things we would want to know. Judges divide property equitably (fairly) so they will consider a number of different factors in making a determination on what to do with your condo. Without knowing more it would be difficult to advise you on what will happen, but there are oftentimes a number of options with what to do with real estate. Refinances to buy out the interest of your spouse, sale on the open market, agreement that you will keep it free and clear of any claim by your spouse are all possible options, but what is actually done depends on a number of those other factors, and possibly how you choose to divide other debts/assets in your divorce. Very truly yours, Chris
Q. 2 women married legally for 8 yrs one leaves the home due to infinfidelity.the home was owned previously by the one that
A: Unfortunately, this type of question is heavily fact dependent. The quick answer, without knowing more, is judges will divide property equitably (fairly) regardless of the name on the deed, bank account, retirement account, or whatever assets are owned. This means that it is possible that the person who is not listed on the deed may have a right to a portion of the equity in the home. Also, it is entirely possible that alimony, or even child support could be issues in this case, but again, there is a lot of additional information we would need to know before making a determination whether either is appropriate. My best advice would be to meet with an attorney for a consultation to learn about your rights. Very truly yours, Chris
Q. What are the residency requirements in Massachusetts in order to file for divorce on the grounds of adultery?
A: If you were married in Massachusetts, or the cause of divorce occurred in Massachusetts, you can file for divorce immediately. If you were not married in Massachusetts and the cause of divorce occurred outside of Massachusetts, you must reside in Massachusetts for 1 year before filing. I would suggest that you speak with an attorney on this because procedural requirements and interpretation of where the "cause" of divorce occurred can be tricky. Also, it is not always in one's best interest to file a Complaint for Divorce based on fault (adultery in this case) and when clear examples and evidence of the fault exists. It may be best, even if adultery occurred, to file for divorce based on no-fault (irretrievable breakdown of the marriage) for a number of reasons. I hope this answers your question, but I would suggest speaking with an attorney about your rights and the best course of action. Very truly yours, Chris
Q. My wife is asking for a divorce. I don't want to get divorced with two kids. What options do I have in Massachusetts?
A: I know that this was asked a few months back but on the chance you are still curious I can provide an answer for you. You are correct in stating that Massachusetts has no-fault divorce. That basically means that as long as one person can stand in front of a judge and state that the marriage has been irretrievably broken down, the judge can grant a divorce regardless of the opinion or wishes of the other spouse. There are a lot of things that can be done to protect your interests in the process, specifically regarding your parenting plan (custody/visitation rights). If you have not already spoken with an attorney about your rights, it would be a good idea to do so as early in the process as possible.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Finn & Eaton, P.C.
539 Lincoln Avenue
Saugus, MA 01906
Telephone: (781) 484-1066 Ext. 1
Fax: (339) 600-3000
Finn & Eaton, P.C.
400 TradeCenter Drive, Suite 5900
Woburn, MA 01801
Toll-Free: (781) 484-1066
Fax: (339) 600-3000