Profile Image Placeholder

Christopher J. Basner

Aggressive and intelligent defense.
  • Civil Rights, White Collar Crime, DUI & DWI
  • New Jersey
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

People accused of crimes, DWI, and traffic citations want aggressive and intelligent representation. I provide the accused with a listening ear, aggressive defense, and informed strategy. In the event there is a brush with Federal Law, I also defend white collar criminal cases in Federal Court.

Practice Areas
  • Civil Rights
  • White Collar Crime
  • DUI & DWI
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Associations
Pennsylvania State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
How to Chose a Criminal Defense Attorney in Jew Jersey
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
19 Questions Answered

A: I would like to help you. More information is needed. What does the will say? Who is representing the estate now, if anyone? Is the estate being mismanaged? Were you adopted?
Q. Can I leave half of my estate to one son out right and put the other half in a trust for my other son?
A: You may also put funds into a revocable living trust now. Placing funds into a trust now may decrease the likelihood of a successful contesting of this designation later. Depending on your income and the value of the estate, you may benefit from placing funds into a non revocable trust.
Q. I inherited a gun from a family member it was perchased from the gun company glock but had no permit Is it legal to keep
A: Possessing a gun illegally carries serious penalties. What kind of gun is it? How old is the gun? Are you able to obtain a permit? Do you live in New Jersey? Contact an attorney directly, do not post any more information in a public forum.
Q. Am i looking at jail time for driving under suspension for dui offense. This is the 4th time was not drinking.
A: If your license was suspended due to a DUI then you face jail time. However, it is possible to beat the case by filing a motion to suppress evidence. There also may be the possibility of working the case out by plea agreement, so that you avoid jail.
Q. My husbands father, is going to be put into a nursing home. We live on his land, which is being willed to us.
A: What names are on the deed? What does the contract with the nursing home say? Is your father-in-law paying for the nursing home care? Is the insurance covering it? When is he going to the nursing home? You would be best served by consulting with an attorney.
Q. Inherited house. will states and "all contents therein". Cartitle in house, inherit car?
A: Does the Will designate to whom the vehicle should go? To whom does the residual estate go to? Your question requires more information to answer.
Q. How do I find the financial net worth of a person in nj,who took money from me and not returning it.
A: Do you have a contract? Have you filed suit? Before you can collect money, you may need to file suit and obtain a judgment. What good does it do you to find out assets, if this person will not voluntarily pay you? You would be best served by at least consulting with an attorney on this issue.
Q. When setting up a non-profit corporation can you use the Articles, By-Laws, or consititutions from another corporation.
A: Articles, By-Laws, and Constitutions for a non-profit should be drafted for your specific entity. Proper planning can avoid more serious problems down the road. I strongly recommend that you consult with an attorney to draft these documents for your non-profit corporation in New Jersey.
Q. Lawsuit against an S-Corp
A: The answers to your questions depend on multiple factors. Is the other S-Corp at all related to the litigation? How do you know if the owner is the 100% owner? Was the motion to vacate granted? The other S-Corp should be named in the litigation if there are grounds to do so. Was the judgment a default judgment? I recommend that you consult with an attorney.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
2 Kings Highway West
Suite 205
Haddonfield, NJ 08033
Telephone: (856) 745-1765