In 2015, Chris Harvey formed Harvey Esquire APC, a venture capital law firm in Los Angeles. Chris has over 12 years of experience in private practice. Chris started the firm to work with entrepreneurs, emerging growth companies, and investment professionals. Later, the firm moved to focus specifically on venture capital law for emerging fund managers and VC-backed startups in early stages.
• Top writer on Quora
• 12 years of practicing law
• Former coder turned legal wordsmith-for-hire
• Author of “Financing a Business” chapter in Emerging Companies Guide, a legal practitioner’s guidebook published by the ABA and edited by former Cooley lawyer/distinguished author, Alan Gutterman, Ph.D.; and,
• Co-author of the “Holloway Guide to Raising Venture Capital”, a current & comprehensive resource for founders and VCs, with technical detail, practical knowledge, real-world scenarios & pitfalls to avoid.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
$450/hr. Flat rates available.
- University of San Diego School of Law
- J.D. (2008) | Law
- Honors: Phi Kappa Delta, Pro Bono Honors
- Activities: International Law Journal, Editor
- Top Writer 2017
- Awarded Top Writer for work on startup law, equity crowdfunding, and securities law.
- State Bar of California  # 261986
- - Current
- Activities: Business Law Section
- Emerging Companies Guide, Chapter 7: Financing a Business
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Harvey Esquire - A Law Firm for Emerging Fund Managers and VCs
- Newsletter - Law of VC
- #14 Episode - LPA Terms for Emerging Fund Managers
23 November 2020
- #13 Episode - New Rules for Equity Crowdfunding
15 November 2020
- #12 Episode - The Un-American Rule
6 November 2020
- Law of VC