Cheryl Fletcher

Cheryl Fletcher

Divorce, Property Division, Child Custody & Support, Alimony- *Flat Fees*- FL
  • Immigration Law
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I am Cheryl Fletcher, and I started my law firm to serve people and protect their rights. When faced with a legal issue, many people feel overwhelmed because they do not fully understand their rights and how to protect them. I provide a clear head, exceptional research skills, and complete preparedness to help you through these difficult times.

I started my career as a legal researcher at one of the largest universities in Florida. I have also worked in different law firms, writing legal briefs, drafting motions, affidavits and legal memorandums, creating case plans, conducting depositions, and representing people before the courts.

I understand that prospective clients will not care much about my old jobs. Understandably, you only care about what I know, what my clients think about me, and the results that I get.

But the lawyers on the other side will look me up online. They will want to know whether I am a formidable opponent. I can assure you that I am. I have successfully divided over $10 million in assets for divorcing couples, fought for custody of minor children and gotten hundreds of green cards and U.S. citizenship approved for immigration cases.

My passion for promoting, justice and fairness comes from my background. I was born and raised in a family of seven people—my two parents, two brothers and two sisters. Although our parents worked hard, we didn’t have much. However, I didn’t sit back and complain about what little resources we had. Instead, I worked hard in school and kept my grades up. I was able to beat the odds and become an attorney.

But, I am not merely a bleeding heart. This is how I make a living and the bottom line is, I am in the business of suing others to protect your legal rights. I charge a reasonable fee for my services. I believe each of my clients deserve legal representation of the highest quality.

I hope that we can work together.

Practice Area
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    We accept cash, check, money order, and all four major credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and the Discover Card.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    **Flat Fees for most cases
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
The Florida Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Florida State Bar
- Current
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law
J.D. (2015) | Law
Graduated in the top 10% of my class.
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Activities: Barry Law Review
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law Logo
University of the West Indies
M.S. (2005) | International Relations
Placeholder image for education.
University of the West Indies
B.S. (2003) | Political Science
Honors: Upper Second Class Honors
Activities: Track and Field and Debating Society
Placeholder image for education.
Immigration Law Book Award (Highest Grade in Class)
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law
Federal Income Tax Book Award
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Divorce after permanent green card issued – How does this affect immigration status?
Legal Answers
10 Questions Answered
Q. Can I remove husband off of daughter's birth certificate if he is not the biological father?
A: You are asking a question regarding disestablishment of paternity. Only men are allowed to disestablish paternity. Fla. Stat. section 742. 18. When you file for a divorce, your husband can file a separate count to disestablish his paternity but the judge is unlikely to grant it unless the biological father is willing in step into his place. The court is not going to leave the child without a legal father because that is not in the child's best interests.


Cheryl Fletcher, Esq.
Q. I have a custody/time sharing agreement with my daughters Father that changes for summer. I need it to be clarified.
A: I agree with my colleague. The parenting plan anticipates that both parents will agree to minor changes and will only seek court intervention as a last resort. Try to compromise on the interpretation. It's not worth spending thousands of dollars and missing time from work for a judge to tell you what the agreement means.
Q. If you had a child that was adopted are you allowed to have the original copy being the biological parent
A: This is a tax question. The birth certificate will not prove that the child lived with you during the first part of the year. It will prove that you were his mother until the birth record is updated with the new parents' information. It looks like you are trying to claim the tax credit for the child. Speak with a tax professional about this issue.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Fletcher Law Office, P.A.
7711 N Military Trl
Suite 203
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Telephone: (561) 507-5772
Fax: (561) 763-7487
Monday: 10 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 10 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 10 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 10 AM - 4 PM
Saturday: Closed (Today)
Sunday: Closed