Free Consultation: (812) 993-3179Tap to Call This Lawyer
Charles S. Hewins

Charles S. Hewins

Salmon & Hewins, LLC
  • Estate Planning, Probate, Workers' Compensation ...
  • Indiana
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Charles S. Hewins is always here to help. As a skilled attorney, with over 20 years of knowledge, he will help you understand and feel comfortable throughout the entire process. Charles focuses his practice on Estates and Planning, Workers Compensation, Personal Injury, and Social Security Disability. Mr. Hewins strives to have clear and concise communication and has a team behind him who is always available whenever his clients need. Please reach out to us for a free telephone consultation and an ease of mind.

Practice Areas
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Workers' Compensation
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Social Security Disability
Additional Practice Area
  • Unemployment Appeals
  • Free Consultation
    Free phone consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Indiana Supreme Court
ID Number: 27589-82
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
The Mississippi Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Salmon & Hewins, LLC
- Current
University of Mississippi School of Law
J.D. (2002)
Placeholder image for education.
Indiana State University
B.A. (1999)
Indiana State University Logo
Professional Associations
Mississippi State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Indiana  # 27589-82
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Salmon & Hewins Blog
Legal Answers
1 Questions Answered
Q. How long do you have to transfer willed property into your name?
A: This is a very good question! However, a good answer requires more information and will be complicated no matter what. When you say they inherited this home, was it through an estate? Is there a deed in their names? If so, the deed would have very important and valuable information about what happens to that property if one of the two sisters die. As a result, it’s not yet possible to answer your question.

Furthermore, you make mention of a will. Usually, professionally prepared wills will give instructions for disposition of real property, and they won’t necessarily specifically identify the property in the will.

I’m sorry to hear about your mother, but if she (and probably her sister too) works with a good estate planning lawyer, they can figure out how to allow for their brother’s continued occupancy while at the same time ensure the desired transfer of legal ownership. It may seem cliché, but attorney involvement is an absolute must here. I strongly suggest your mother and her sister contact an attorney in the county in which they live. Good luck! ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Salmon & Hewins, LLC
7505 Eagle Crest Boulevard
Evansville, IN 47715
Telephone: (812) 993-3179
Fax: (812) 424-5739
Monday: 7:30 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 7:30 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 7:30 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Thursday: 7:30 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 7:30 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed