Free Consultation: (607) 592-4585Tap to Call This Lawyer
Charles Oliver Wolff

Charles Oliver Wolff

  • Criminal Law, Real Estate Law, Divorce ...
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Divorce
  • DUI & DWI
  • Estate Planning
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Fixed fees on certain matters.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Aymara: Written
  • Quechua: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Syracuse University College
J.D (2004) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Cornell University
M.A | Anthropology/Archaeology/Linguistics
Honors: B.A. summa cum laude University of New Mexico 1989
Cornell University Logo
University of New Mexico
B.A | Anthropology/Linguistics
Honors: summa cum laude with distinction
University of New Mexico Logo
Empire State Counsel
New York State Bar Association
Professional Associations
New York State Bar  # 4292470
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
19 Questions Answered

Q. Using eTrack to check status of uncontested divorce the case detail shows NOI filed w/o date. What does this mean?
A: It should have been dated by the clerk upon reception. Do you have a time-stamped copy? If not, why not? Contact the county clerk's office and ask for clarification.
Q. What will consequence if lease don't renewal?
A: It depends. Does your old lease have a termination clause? Does it state the your tenancy reverts to a periodic term, such as month to month? If your landlord continues to accept rent from you, the general rule is that it is considered a month-to month, but your do lose the protection that a lease provides, meaning that you can be evicted with proper notice and procedure. If you do not pay rent you become a "holdover tenant" and can be evicted by a "non-payment summary proceeding". Send them your rent check and see what happens. If they return it uncashed, start looking for a new place to live.
Q. Copyright laws in NY- replicating photos in paintings
A: For personal use, not an issue, but if they are displayed publicly, like in a product label, periodical or on a website, there are potential problems, especially if the photo contains the likeness of a person without their permission. It gets tricky. Why not take some phots yourself. thereby giving them implied permission? If you photograph a person, be sure to tell them what it's for and ask for their permission to use it BEFORE you snap the shutter!
View More Answers
Contact & Map
6214 Podunk Rd.
Trumansburg, NY 14886
Telephone: (607) 592-4585
Telephone: (607) 592-4585