Charles M.  Baron

Charles M. Baron

Law & Mediation Offices of Charles M. Baron, P.A.
  • Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Consumer Law ...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Offering top-notch legal services in South Florida for over 34 years.

Practice Areas
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Civil Rights
    Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
    Consumer Law
    Class Action, Lemon Law
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Employment Law
    Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Animal & Dog Law
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
Additional Practice Areas
  • Land Use & Zoning
  • Car Accidents
  • Slip & Fall
  • Police Misconduct/False Arrest
  • General Civil
  • Condominium Law
  • Discrimination
  • Handicap Rights
  • Malicious Prosecution
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Contingent (percentage) fees offered in appropriate cases
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Free consultations for some types of cases; otherwise, reasonable consultation fees.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
11th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Finnish: Spoken, Written
  • German: Spoken, Written
  • Swedish: Spoken, Written
University of Florida
J.D. (1984) | Law
University of Florida Logo
University of Florida
B.A. (1981) | Political Science
University of Florida Logo
Professional Associations
Broward County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Dispute Resolution Center
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Association of South Florida Mediators and Arbitrators
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Lawyers Guild
Placeholder image for professional associations.
South Broward Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Federal District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Current
Activities: Volunteer Lawyers Program
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Bar  # 509825
- Current
Activities: Federal District Court, Federal Appeals Court
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
Florida Dispute Resolution Center
Qualified Arbitrator
Florida Supreme Court
Websites & Blogs
Facebook Page
Legal Answers
519 Questions Answered
Q. A grocery store worker grabbed my three year old daughter without permission while I was going through self-checkout.
A: I assume you're asking this question because you want the employee to be charged with a crime. More details would be needed on exactly what happened to determine if it constitutes a crime, but assuming the employee's act IS a crime, a video should not be necessary unless the employee has denied doing it and there are no witnesses other than yourself, making it a he-said-she said situation. One way to attempt to obtain the video would be to file a civil lawsuit against the store (seeking money damages) and having a subpoena issued for production of the video. However, if your child has no real injury from the incident, you would probably need to pay a substantial amount in attorney's fees and court costs up front in order to pursue the subpoena angle. Another action you can take is to send a letter to the store management (with proof of receipt) stating you intend to make claim against their company for the incident and request them to PRESERVE the video of the incident. Absent a lawsuit, they would not have to turn the video over to you, but if they destroy the video after receiving your request, and you file suit, the destruction would be a point against them in determining who is telling the truth about the incident.
Q. If my vehicle was found at a hit and run leaving the scene of an accident and drugs were found but I was nowhere near
A: Your inquiry is a bit vague. If this was a hit-and-run, with a driver fleeing the accident scene, what does "found at a hit and run" mean? If you mean the truck was found somewhere else, and police determined that it was the vehicle that hit and ran, AND the police have not yet determined who was driving the truck, then yes, of course you might be charged with all crimes associated therewith, including possession of any illegal items in the truck. If the police seek to interview you, it's best to tell them you first want to talk to a lawyer, and do not communicate further until you have consulted a lawyer.
Q. Can I sign the title to a vehicle that my parents have given me "with express permission?"
A: I agree with Mr. Thorgaard. First, because you are writing from a location said to be "Miami, FL", probably only Fla. attorneys will read your post, and the issue you present is an issue of State law. So transferring title in your case would be a matter of Alabama law. I can tell you what the answer is under Florida law ONLY, and that would be NO, in Fla., you would not be able to sign your mother's name on the title unless she were to execute a valid power of attorney giving you the power to sign on her behalf, at least for that conveyance. So if Alabama law happens to be the same (which I have no idea about), you either have your mom execute a power of attorney or simply send the title to her (for example, by FedEx, UPS, or USPS express mail) and have her send it back to you. As Mr. Thorgaard said, your mother could also give you permission to drive her vehicle with herself still being the owner, without signing anything (if Alabama law allows it, which is likely). However, if you go that route, she could be held liable for an accident, so good insurance coverage protecting both you and her would be advisable.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
AmeriLaw Bldg.
2514 Hollywood Blvd.
Suite 408
Hollywood, FL 33020
Toll-Free: (888) 909-1906
Telephone: (954) 919-5669
Fax: (305) 933-9992
Monday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Tuesday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Thursday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Friday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)
Notice: Appointments outside of business hours are also available.