Free Consultation: (405) 252-0472Tap to Call This Lawyer
Chantelle Hickman-Ladd

Chantelle Hickman-Ladd

Alleman Law Firm, PLLC
  • Elder Law, Estate Planning, Probate
  • Oklahoma
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawg SearchSocial Media

Chantelle grew up in Northwest Oklahoma before attending the University of Central Oklahoma where she received a B.B.A. She then went on to graduate summa cum laude from the Oklahoma City University School of Law. While attending law school, Chantelle was the Articles Editor for the OCU Law Review and a member of the Phi Delta Phi legal honor fraternity. In addition, she received CALI Excellence awards in her Criminal Law, Family Law, and Estate Planning classes, the Outstanding Family Law Student award from the OBA Family Law section, and won the Judge Alfred P. Murrah Sr. Award for outstanding academic performance.

Chantelle is a member of the Oklahoma Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Oklahoma City Estate Planning Council, and serves as the At-Large Director for the Oklahoma Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA). When she sneaks away from work, Chantelle loves to escape to the beach. Recently, Chantelle undertook the endeavor of trying to breathe underwater, AKA scuba diving. When she can’t find a sandy beach, Chantelle loves to spend time at home tucked away with her husband and fur baby, Zeus.

Practice Areas
Elder Law
Estate Planning
Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Probate Administration
  • Free Consultation
    Free 30-minute consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oklahoma Bar Association
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Attorney at Law
Alleman Law Firm, PLLC
- Current
Attorney at Law
Donna Jackson and Associates
Oklahoma City University School of Law
Oklahoma City University School of Law Logo
University of Central Oklahoma
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Oklahoma Bar Association  # 33907
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Know Your Worth: Valuing Marriage and the Relinquishment of Marital Rights in Estate & Gift Tax Law
Oklahoma City University Law Review
Special Needs Planning: Some Things to Consider
American Bar Association
Changes to the Oklahoma General Corporation Act
Oklahoma Bar Journal
Websites & Blogs
Elder Law Ladies - Medium
Legal Answers
10 Questions Answered
Q. If you and your spouse plan on leaving your entire estate to your church, must you leave anything for family?
A: In the state of Oklahoma, your spouse is the only person who can make a claim if you don't leave them an inheritance. However, it is necessary that you specifically reference and/or disinherit your children if you don't want to leave them anything. It's best to work with an estate planning attorney to ensure your estate plan accomplishes your goals.
Q. What are the requirements for a simplified probate procedure in Oklahoma and how does it it work?
A: If the house is in Oklahoma and your grandfather passed away in another state or his Oklahoma assets were below $200,000, you should qualify to do a summary administration (a shortened probate process). So long as no one contests you starting the probate process and being named as Personal Representative, you should be able to get appointed.

However, there are some things you should consider when deciding between a summary administration and a regular probate. A probate attorney should be able to help walk you through the differences in the processes and the pros and cons of each. It would be worthwhile to at least consult with an attorney for some guidance!
Q. My dad lives in Arlington Texas. He and my mom are joint owners of my home in Oklahoma. My mother passed away 2019.
A: I’m sorry for the loss of your mother.

If the ownership of your home is as joint tenants, not as tenants in common, with rights of survivorship, your dad needs to file an Affidavit of Surviving Joint Tenant to get your mom’s name off of the title. He can then file a quit claim deed to transfer title to you and him as joint tenants, not as tenants in common, with rights of survivorship, or to you.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Alleman Law Firm, PLLC
13921 Quail Pointe Dr.
Oklahoma City, OK 73134
Telephone: (405) 252-0472
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 12 PM
Saturday: Closed (Today)
Sunday: Closed
Notice: We can accommodate other times to virtually conference by appointment