Caryn was born and raised outside Buffalo, New York. Caryn’s first love and passion is reading and writing, which naturally led to a career in law. She attended the State University of New York at Geneseo, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree with Honors in Philosophy and English. From Geneseo, she moved South for warmer weather and attended Washington and Lee School of Law in Lexington, Virginia, graduating cum laude in 2002. During law school, Caryn was a member of the Editorial Board of the Washington and Lee Law Review.
Having visited her aunt and uncle in Virginia Beach during her childhood, Norfolk was a natural choice to move to after law school. Caryn obtained a clerkship with the Norfolk Circuit Court and spent her first year of practice learning the ropes of the courthouse. Caryn then worked for a small firm in Suffolk practicing residential real estate law, before spending over 10 years handling trusts & estate, business, and real estate cases in Norfolk. Most recently, Caryn gained hands-on experience in trust administration as a trust officer for a local investment bank. Caryn looks forward returning to private practice and fulfilling the lead Wills, Trusts & Estates attorney position at Parks Zeigler.
Caryn has been an active member of the Norfolk & Portsmouth Bar Association since 2002, becoming its President in 2018. She also serves as a Director and Treasurer of the Norfolk & Portsmouth Bar Association Foundation, which generally supports projects that enhance the image of and build trust in the legal system and also provides scholarships for high school students and law students. Caryn also serves on the Board of the Hampton Roads Estate Planning Council.
Outside of her practice of law, Caryn enjoys spending time with her husband, Marc, on long walks on the beach with their two yellow labs and boating when time and weather allows.
- Estate Planning
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Virginia State Bar
- ID Number: 48713
- Parks Zeigler, PLLC
- - Current
- Trust Officer
- AMG National Trust Bank
- Clarke Dolph Rapaport hull & Brunick, PCL
- Associate Attorney
- Saunders Barlow Babineau Riddick
- Judicial Law Clerk
- Norfolk Circuit Court
- Washington & Lee University
- State University of New York - College at Geneseo
- B.A. (1999) | Philosophy, English
- Parks Zeigler, PLLC
- Parks Zeigler, PLLC – Attorneys At Law Blog
- Voice Assistant devices are convenient, but they also present security risks
14 October 2019
- What happens to credit card debt after you die?
23 September 2019
- Lateral Phishing: Malevolent Emails From Trusted Accounts
17 September 2019
- Are You Considering Your Digital Assets in the Estate Planning Process?
9 September 2019
- Tips on how to spot and avoid fake websites
2 September 2019
- Which type of business loan is best for you?
22 August 2019
- Is Sharing On Social Media Dangerous? Not Necessarily, But Always Think Twice Before Posting.
16 August 2019
- Increased Push to Use Alternative Credit Data Presents New Risks and New Opportunities
12 August 2019
- Chesapeake introduces new Hope Cards to assist abuse victims
6 August 2019