I have been practicing law for 28 years and am licensed in Indiana and Illinois. I am a people lawyer representing clients and helping them in their day to day legal needs throughout Indiana and Illinois. I also have clients across the country. I am a leading contributor each month to WWW. LAW GURU.COM where over 100,000 people have viewed my answers to various legal questions.
Presently I am assisting a number of victims who have suffered side effects from drug medications such as Avandia, Levaquin and Yaz. Sometimes that means suing the drug manufacturers, other times, the doctor who should not have precribed the medication.
Additionally, I have devoted a good part of my practice in the last year to defending foreclosure suits.
I am available to consult with you for any legal problem and welcome the opportunity to provide help.
- Personal Injury
- Business Law
- Family Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Real Estate Law
- Car Accidents
- Free Consultation
- English: Spoken, Written
- Padove Law
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Loyola University Chicago
- B.A. | Political Science & History
- Indiana State Bar
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Lake County Bara Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- 1% Solution
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Journal
- Burton Padove's Website Profile
- Padove Law Website
- Indiana Injury And Family Lawyer Blog
- Under What Circumstances Can Indiana Personal Injury Plaintiffs Recover Punitive Damages?
6 August 2019
- Federal Appellate Court Overseeing Indiana District Courts Discusses Expert Testimony in Recent Product Liability Case
22 July 2019
- Indiana Court Holds Component Part Manufacturer May Be Liable for Failure to Install Necessary Safety Features
5 July 2019
- Indiana Department of Transportation Cleared of Fatal Crash Liability for Failure to Install Traffic Signal
28 June 2019
- Indiana Man Alleges Product Liability With Flammable Cooking Spray
26 June 2019
- Transport Company May Be Liable for Indiana Truck Driver Injury
15 May 2019
- Indiana Appeals Court: Bar Owed Brawl-Injured Patron Duty of Care
3 May 2019
- Indiana Drunk Driving Victim Wins Appeal to Seek Punitive Damages
18 April 2019
- Appeals Court: Indiana UIM Crash Insurance Limits Need Not Match Liability
4 April 2019
- Q. Four college students drove on the highway going the same speed. Traffic got backed up, and there was an accident
- A: More facts will be needed before this question can be an swerved.
- Q. How long does it take a malpractice lawsuit take?
- A: Generally speaking, you are talking years. Indiana has a two part system. The first requires that a case be presented to a Medical Review Panel. That process can take over a year. after that process is completed, then you can file a suit in court. Generally, that can take two years or longer.
- Q. Can i file a lawsuit for mc donalds if i didnt break anything
- A: Yes, as long as you suffered some injury caused bu McDonalds breaching a duty of care to you.
- Q. If I have been seperated from my husband for five years are we legally divorced by Indiana law
- A: No.
- Q. How do I legally change back to my maiden name after the devorse if I did not ask for iit at the time of the devorse?
- A: You need to file a new case with a petition to change your name.
- Q. I am visiting someone in their home. They fall. Do I have any liability?
- A: Based on the information provided, no.
- Q. Just purchased a home.Keys provided at closing didn't work. Had to hire locksmith to get in.Should seller reimburse me?
- A: Yes.
- Q. I want to appeal my Real Estate Assesment. Any advise? How to find an atty??
- A: Check with your local bar association. Many of them have case type specific referral services.
- Q. How do i file a suit against the majestic star casino
- A: I am sorry to hear about your experience and hope that you are making a fast recovery. There is no law that requires them to keep the recording. I have handled cases against the Majestic Star Casino and I know that it is imperative that you hire counsel right away to make sure that the recording of what happened is preserved. there is case law concerning protecting victims such as yourself against criminal attacks and it is cerainly possible that you will be entitled to compensation for your losses.