Free Consultation: (434) 260-7899Tap to Call This Lawyer
Bryan J. Jones

Bryan J. Jones

  • DUI & DWI, Criminal Law, Appeals & Appellate
  • Virginia
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Bryan is a graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law and Brigham Young University. Bryan started his career prosecuting in the Louisa County Commonwealth's Attorney's Office. After leaving the Commonwealth's Attorney's Office, Bryan practiced for a traffic, DUI, and criminal defense firm in Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley. In 2016, Bryan opened his own practice in Charlottesville, serving Charlottesville and the surrounding counties. Bryan serves on the Board of Directors for the Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and as a member of the Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar Association. Bryan lives in Albemarle County, Virginia with his wife and three children. In his spare time, Bryan plays music with an old time string band, watches sports, and serves in his church. Bryan is admitted to practice in all state courts in Virginia. He represents people charged with crimes in Charlottesville and surrounding counties. He represents people who have been unjustly convicted of crimes throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Practice Areas
  • DUI & DWI
  • Criminal Law
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Louisa Commonwealth's Attorney's Office
University of Virginia School of Law
J.D. (2014)
University of Virginia School of Law Logo
Brigham Young University
B.A. (2010)
Brigham Young University Logo
Professional Associations
Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Board of Directors
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
62 Questions Answered

Q. I press charges on someone they have a outstanding warrant do I have to show up for the court given
A: If you are subpoenaed to come to court, you will have to show up. If you're the one who pressed charges, you will probably receive a subpoena.
Q. My ex husband stole my iPhone and hacked my worked social media accounts (I am an entertainer at a Gentleman’s club)
A: You could file a civil lawsuit against him. If you'd like to do that, you should go to your local General District Court and tell them the situation and they will give you the paperwork to file the suit. If he's stolen your phone, he could be charged with larceny. If he's hacked into your accounts, he could be charged with computer trespass.
Q. Number of bond hearings allowed? Court date was put off til feb.2020 so will that help a person get bond?
A: You can have a bond hearing in the district court and you can appeal to the circuit court and have another bond hearing. After that, you're entitled to more bond hearings if you can show that there's been a material change in circumstances. If there's been no change, other than the fact that more time has passed, the judge may not allow a bond hearing.
Q. Am I in trouble for Fraud if I don't have access to money?
A: Your question is not clear. If you are saying that $7000 is missing from the group, then you could be charged with fraud if they can show that you took the money. If they cannot show that you can access to the money, then you probably won't be charged. Of course, if you helped someone take the money, even though you didn't have access to the money yourself, you could still be charged.
Q. If someone was on video taking from a pawn shop and admited to officer on phone What do they do next?
A: The officer is likely trying to get you to incriminate yourself. It seems like you'll probably be charged with theft.
Q. My husband has been falsely accused of inappropriately touching a minor. The minor says it happened about 8 years ago.
A: They can take it to court if they have probable cause to believe a crime was committed. Just because the allegation is eight years old, does not mean they cannot pursue the charge.
Q. Ex admitted during testimony to throwing mail in the trash, a felony. What REALISTIC legal measures can we take now?
A: Only the police can charge people with felonies so you would have to report it to the police and ask them to investigate.
Q. Can I video record the exchange of my own child between his mother and myself on public property?
A: It's legal as long as it's public and there's no expectation of privacy. You should be careful because the situation could escalate. Most people don't like having cameras in their faces.
Q. Someone recorded our phone conversation without me knowing and shared it with other people
A: In Virginia you are allowed to record a phone conversation if you are one of the parties to the conversation.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
106 W. South St. #201
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Telephone: (434) 260-7899
Fax: (434) 381-4397