Brooks West was born and raised in Charleston, West Virginia and graduated on the Dean’s List from West Virginia University in 1996. He then earned a Doctorate of Jurisprudence from the Thomas Jefferson School of Law with the following awards and accolades:
-Thomas Jefferson Trustees’ Scholarship
-American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in Torts (Personal Injury Law)
-Thomas Jefferson’s Dean’s List
-National Dean’s List
Brooks then spent several years working for a large personal injury law firm where he helped litigate complex, massive personal injury and environmental lawsuits, like the Nitro Dioxin Class Action against Monsanto. Brooks really enjoyed working to help hold Monsanto accountable for the harms they caused the citizens of and around Nitro, West Virginia. However, Brooks realized he prefers to work one on one with wrongfully injured clients where he can better help them achieve their individual goals compared to representing thousands of clients at one time in a class-action lawsuit.
Brooks also noticed that although there were plenty of personal injury law firms in West Virginia, there was a need for a personal injury law firm that would put clients first while providing them excellent, caring service and outstanding financial results.
Staying true to our mission is why West Law Firm continues to be a top-rated personal injury law firm with a successful track record of helping people who have been wrongfully injured at work, in natural gas mining accidents, automobile accidents, on dangerous property, and by other acts of negligence.
When not practicing law, Brooks also enjoys financially supporting and volunteering for numerous charities including the Kanawha Charleston Animal Shelter, Manna Meal, and Mission West Virginia. When not working, Brooks enjoys hiking and spending time with his wife, children, and dogs.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Free Consultation
There's never a fee unless and until we recover money for you.
- Contingent Fees
No win, no fee.
- West Virginia
- The Calwell Practice, PLLC
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- J.D. (2004)
- Honors: National Dean's List. Thomas Jefferson Trustee Scholarship.
- West Virginia University
- B.A. (1996) | Business, Psychology, English, Philosophy
- Honors: Dean's List
- West Virginia State Bar
- - Current
- West Law Firm - West Virginia Personal Injury Lawyers
- The Health, Safety & Personal Injury Law Blog
- Q. What happens in a civil litigation if it consists of a animal bite.what steps will happen?
- A: It depends. A personal injury case involving an animal bite can sometimes be settled just like a car accident type case before a lawsuit even needs to be filed. The first step would be to call an attorney experienced in dog bite cases and get a free consultation. Although dog bite cases can be fairly straight forward, they can also involve difficult issues like whether there is insurance coverage on the claim and who is at fault.