Free Consultation: (732) 774-1212Tap to Call This Lawyer
Brian Winters

Brian Winters

Keith, Winters & Wenning
  • Divorce, Family Law, Bankruptcy...
  • District of Columbia, New Jersey, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

I’m a jersey shore guy - born and raised. Tufts, Duke, university college London , and back to N.J.

I’m a certified matrimonial law attorney with 26 years experience. I’m expert in all types of family law cases, including appeals. I’ve handled over 200 cases in the appellate division and Supreme Court

I also have a concentration in bankruptcy, chapters 7 and 13.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Bankruptcy
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I offer reasonable prices , including capped/flat fees and payment plans.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia
District of Columbia Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Hebrew: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Keith, Winters & Wenning
- Current
Hellring Lindeman
Appellate Division
Duke University
J.D. (1993) | Law
Duke University Logo
Tufts University
B.S. (1990) | Psychology
Tufts University Logo
Professional Associations
New Jersey State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Matrimonial law attorney
Supreme Court N.J.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
14 Questions Answered

Q. Should medical bills be listed as "consumer debts" on bankruptcy filing?
A: Yes.
Q. What can I do to stop foreclosure on the house and settle parents' estates w/o taking on responsibility for their debts
A: That’s very complicated. Provided there’s no appreciable equity in the home, your parents can bankrupt out of the debt. If you inherit the house, it comes with the mortgage. So long as it gets paid, you’re fine
Q. I live in New Jersey and own a home. I would like to know if I file bankruptcy if I would lose my house?
A: Not necessarily. It depends upon many factors including how much equity is in the home. And it depends upon which chapter , 7 or 13 . You should consult with a bankruptcy attorney
Q. I married an illegal immigrant (crossed border) and filed an 1-130, is it too late to file for an annulment?
A: It’s not too late for annulment. There’s no statute of limitations or the like
Q. I filed an appeal of a NJ State agency ruling with the NJ Appellate Division.
A: You can file a motion , but, in my experience, it won’t work . The cis etc are ministerial tasks and the other side will just go ahead and file our of time and the appellate division will just shrug.
Q. In NJ when filing a uncontested divorce do you have to wait 35 days or more after papers are served if you both agree?
A: No. Just tell the court you’re settled.
Q. My boyfriend has a son but the mother has custody of him. He pays child support but he also has backed up child support.
A: Child support has nothing to do with custody. To get custody you need to demonstrate changes circumstances and that it’s in the child’s best interests
Q. What are my rights in the state of NJ if my 17 yr old doesn’t come home by curfew?
A: You can certainly lock the door. That’s being safe.
Q. What can I do if I'm paying child support and cannot afford living arrangements for myself
A: Maybe the child support is not commensurate with the child support guidelines. You should consult with an attorney to find out.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Keith, Winters & Wenning, L.L.C.
Main St & Lareine Ave
P.O. Box 188
Bradley Beach, NJ 07720
Telephone: (732) 774-1212
Fax: (732) 774-6183