Small firm law practice specializing in Social Security Disability and SSI , Veterans' Benefits, and related administrative law matters.I put my wealth of experience and sincere compassion for others to work for those who need or would like assistance navigating an administrative law labyrinth. I offer one-on-one interaction with your attorney and a personal commitment to doing everything in my power to assist you to restore your dignity and secure the benefits you deserve.
- Social Security Disability
- Social Security Disbaility Law
- Veterans Disability Law
There is no charge for the initial consultation.
Our Social Security Disability practice is contingent fee based, with fee caps set by Congress. For most cases the fee cap is 25% of any past benefits awarded to you or $6000, whichever is LESS. Veterans' Disability cases are a 20% contingent fee.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Small firm law practice specializing in Social Security Disability and SSI , Veterans' Benefits, and related administrative law matters. Putting my wealth of experience and sincere compassion for others to work for those who need or would like assistance navigating an administrative law labyrinth. I offer one-on-one interaction with your attorney and a personal commitment to doing everything in our power to assist you to restore your dignity and secure the benefits you deserve.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Attorney at Law, founding member
- Cascadia Disability Law f/k/a Brown + Wayson LLC
- - Current
- Small firm law practice specializing in Social Security Disability and SSI, Veterans' Benefits, and related administrative law matters. We are putting our wealth of experience and sincere compassion for others to work for those who need or would like assistance navigating an administrative law labyrinth. We offer one-on-one interaction with your attorney and our personal commitment to doing everything in our power to assist you to restore your dignity and secure the benefits you deserve. While the journey may be challenging, successful outcomes for our clients are particularly rewarding. Our work is both time-sensitive due to varying deadlines and time-pressured due to the nature of our practice. Services include: analyzing, researching and drafting Hearing Memoranda, Social Security Appeals Council Briefs and United States District Court Plaintiff’s Opening and Reply Briefs within the requisite timeframes. As an attorney, I have represented claimants at more than 50 federal administrative law hearings and assisted in the preparation for more than 400 other hearings. In addition, I have drafted numerous Social Security Appeals Council briefs and United States District Court opening and reply briefs. Through this representation I have garnered extensive experience preparing for and appearing at hearings to secure positive outcomes for my clients. I am well-versed in client counseling, claim analysis, case preparation, and hearing and appeal representation.
- Administrative Rule Writer
- State of Oregon, Department of Human Services, Childre, Adults & Families, Hearings and Rules Unit
- Administrative rule drafting, editing, filing and interpreting for the Oregon Department of Human Services, Children, Adults & Families Division, Child Welfare and Self Sufficiency programs. The rulemaking work is necessary both to implement new legislation and to ensure new agency program initiatives are consistent with controlling state legislation and federal law. These decisions may have significant implications for the Department’s budget and can affect the health and safety of Oregonians served by the programs operated by the Children, Adults and Families Division of the Department. Support hearing representatives in contested case hearings. The contested case hearings support requires knowledge and application of the relevant hearings provisions of the Oregon Administrative Procedures Act, Oregon administrative rules, and federal regulations. Review, revise, and re-issue Administrative Law Judge issued proposed final orders regarding claimant requested contested case hearings. This involves reviewing and analyzing proposed and final orders issued by administrative law judges and determining, in some cases, whether the agency should rewrite the order.
- Attorney at Law
- Disability Law Offices
- All aspects of a vigorous and voluminous Social Security Disability law practice, from initial consultations through federal court appeals.
- Lewis & Clark Law School
- J.D. | Law
- City of Portland Attorney’s Office, Legal Clerk, June – December 2003. Natural Resources Law Institute, Research Assistant, June 2002 – May 2003. Indian Summer, Legal Intern, June 2002 – August 2002.
- Honors: First Year Appellate Advocacy Moot Court: Best Brief. Client Counseling Moot Court Competition Regional 2003 team member. Moot Court Honor Board, 2003 - 2004.
- Activities: Student member of the Federal Bar Association. Student member of the Multnomah Bar Association. Journal of Small and Emerging Business Law, Editorial Board, Internet Editor, 2003 - 2004, Research Editor, 2002 – 2003; American Bar Association, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section, Non-Profit Law and Aviation & Space Law Committees, Student Vice-Chair, 2003 – 2004; Treasurer/Member - Native American Law Student Association and Student Advocates for Environmental Responsibility, 2003 - 2004; Faculty Meetings, Student Bar Representative, 2002 - 2003.
- Portland State University
- MPA | Public Administration
- Linfield College
- B.S. (1998) | Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Work & school, school & work
- Honors: Graduation - lol
- Activities: Attended school fulltime while working fulltime
- University of California - Berkeley
- Certificate in Business Administration (1996) | Business Administration
- National Association of Disability Representatives
- - Current
- National Organization of Veterans Advocates
- - Current
- American Bar Association
- - Current
- Oregon State Bar  # 041147
- - Current
- Activities: Member - Military and Veterans Law Practice Section, 2014 - present Member - House of Delegates, 2014 - present
- Federal Bar Association
- The Cascadia Disability Law LLC website
- Oregon Social Security Disability Lawyer – Questions & Answers
- Memorial Day 2016
26 May 2016