Free Consultation: (815) 963-6330Tap to Call This Lawyer
Brian Morgan

Brian Morgan

  • Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI...
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Attorney Morgan has been practicing law since 2001. He worked in the state attorney's office before working for a local law firm and then starting his own practice. He grew up in southern Wisconsin and received his Juris Doctorate from Northern Illinois University. Attorney Morgan is licensed to practice law in the state of Illinois.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • Juvenile Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Cannabis & Marijuana Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Supreme Court of Illinois
ID Number: 6275552
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Brian T. Morgan
- Current
Adjunct Professor
Rockford Business College
Cicero and France
Assistant State's Attorney
Boone County State's Attorney
Northern Illinois University College of Law
J.D. (1998) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Winnebago County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Boone County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Illinois State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Illinois # 6275552
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
13 Questions Answered

Q. my bf was driving my car (I had drank) the transmission broke he went to get help I refused to blow got dui can I win ?
A: Like everyone else said, it depends. Factors like were the keys in the vehicle and was the vehicle, in its condition, able to run come into play.
Q. Can any lawyer help me with getting a bond lifted and take a payment plan from me? My bond is 1000$
A: The easy answer is yes but that can mean you go back into jail which I am sure what you do not want. In some places, a Judge will allow a bond to be turned over to an attorney prior to the case being completed. It is a case by case basis and not all judges will allow it. If you owe any money to the court in that county, they normally will take their money first as well.
Q. Could the police arrest me for this?
A: They could depending on what she said. If she was in fear of being hit, the charge could be assault. They could also possibly charge you with disorderly conduct. It is important for you not to speak to the police if they come to speak to you.
Q. Someone I know got charged w/ forgery for writing a fake prescription. They plan to plead guilty what is the punishment
A: There are different ways to charge a crime. No idea what the possible punishments were without the charging document
Q. If I get one charge, can I get another charge over the same situation a month later?
A: More than likely they can. They are well within the Statute of Limitations to charge that offense. There is one possible exception to that rule. The real question is can they use that blood draw against him in Court? Certain procedures and protocols must be followed to make that information admissible. He should consult with an attorney ASAP.
Q. Hello, how do I file a motion to request a chief judge to review my case when the presiding judge is prejudice?
A: It sounds like you are trying to substitute the judge in your case. This is an issue that should be discussed with your attorney. What you view as prejudice may simply be the judge's normal demeanor and there may be other judges in the county that are worse for you.
Q. what are the consequences for a 15 yr old who is being charged with unlawful videotaping another person? In Illinois
A: In any juvenile case, you can be placed on Continuance under supervision, which is like Court Supervision in adult court, to being placed in the Juvenile Department of Corrections. Factors that typically go in to the decision of punishment are severity of the crime and the Minor's prior criminal history. I have seen some minors get slapped on the wrist for some serious first offenses while other minors have been sent to the Department of Corrections on seemingly small crimes because of their criminal history
Q. I am currently on probation for retail theft and now I am being accused of residential theft and have probation meeting
A: Sounds like they are rounding up "the usual suspects" as opposed to actually doing the police work. If you are being accused of an offense, you should not speak to ANYONE about it other than your attorney, including probation.
Q. I was charged with a aggravated domestic battery and a domestic battery as well as other charges at the same time
A: Often times the police will proceed with charges even when the alleged victim declines. Unfortunately, this seems to be what happened in your matter.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
810 East State Street
Suite 301
Rockford, IL 61104
Telephone: (815) 963-6330