Attorney Blake M. Mensing is The Mensing Group LLC's Founder and Chief Counsel and brings a no-nonsense approach to cannabis law in Massachusetts. Blake earned a B.A. in Sociology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison (2005), a J.D. from American University Washington College of Law (2010), an M.A. in International Affairs with a concentration in Global Environmental Policy from American University School of International Service (2010), and an LL.M. in Environmental Law from the George Washington University Law School (2011), where he was a Randolph C. Shaw Graduate Environmental Fellow. Blake received the Dean's Award for Professional Responsibility for exemplifying proficiency in skills and the highest ethical standards of the profession for his work in American University Washington College of Law's nationally recognized General Practice Clinic.
Blake was admitted to the Massachusetts bar in 2010 and his legal experience includes transactional real estate, consumer protection litigation, environmental law, and municipal law. In his capacity as associate town counsel for seven towns throughout the Commonwealth, Blake has written and edited zoning and general bylaws, advised boards of selectmen on medical marijuana dispensary regulation by the Department of Public Health, worked with planning boards and zoning boards of appeal, and represented municipalities before the Massachusetts courts and administrative regulatory agencies. Blake brings his legal and local skills to every interaction with state and local officials, which, when coupled with affability and honesty, helps to make him a different kind of lawyer.
Blake serves as Counsel to the Hoban Law Group, the nation’s premiere Cannabusiness Law Firm. Blake also serves as Chief Counsel of Squared Holdings LLC, pursuing medical marijuana licensure in Michigan and New Jersey.
- Cannabis & Marijuana Law
- Free Consultation
I'll never charge a consultation fee and view every discussion with a potential client as an opportunity to be of service, not just to get business.
- Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
- ID Number: 678779
- English: Spoken, Written
- The George Washington University Law School
- LL.M. (2011) | Environmental Law
- Honors: Randolph C. Shaw Graduate Environmental Fellow
- American University Washington College of Law
- J.D. (2010) | Law
- Honors: Dean's Award for Professional Responsibility, 2010
- Activities: Senior Note and Comment Editor of the International Law Review Co-Editor-in-Chief of Sustainable Development Law & Policy Vice President of the Environmental Law Society
- American University
- M.A. (2010) | International Affairs-Global Environmental Policy
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- B.A. (2005) | Sociology
- State Bar of Massachusetts # 678779
- The Mensing Group LLC