Free Consultation: (907) 690-4624Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ben T. Frey

Ben T. Frey

Affordable legal services on the Kenai Peninsula
  • Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family Law ...
  • Alaska, Mississippi
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I am a licensed lawyer living in Soldotna, Alaska and a member of the Alaska Bar Association. I practice divorce, custody, evictions, probate, workers' compensation, bankruptcy, wills, domestic violence protective orders, and tax preparation. Working in public interest law has been a focus of my career. I was formerly employed by Alaska Legal Services Corporation. You think of this as "practicing law for the people". I am now excited to be able to do this on a private basis for the people of the Kenai Peninsula. Because I have practiced as an attorney "of the people" I provide legal services at an affordable price. I am a graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Law. I do hope to be able to serve you in the future.

Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Workers' Compensation
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Landlord Tenant
Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
  • Free Consultation
    Call me so that a I may meet with you and discuss the legal issues you may be having for free.
  • Contingent Fees
    I accept contingent fees for workers compensation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
University of Mississippi
J.D. (2013)
University of Mississippi Logo
Professional Associations
Alaska Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Ben Frey: Attorney at Law
Legal Answers
1 Questions Answered
Q. How do i file for divorce?
A: A really good site for you to visit as suggested by Mr. Otterson below is to visit the Alaska Family Self-Help law site. Just type in that phrase that I wrote above and enter it into Google. I used it myself when I was a new attorney. Click on the package that represents your situation (i.e. divorce without children, divorce with children). Lets assume it is a simple divorce without children or property as you do not have the representation of an attorney now. You will start it by filling out a complaint (template provided at Alaska self-help), a confidential information form, and a case description form. File these at your local Superior Court along with a $200 check. Serve your husband by a registered Alaska process server. Usually cost $75 or more. Once 20 days have passed, assuming your husband has not answered your divorce file a motion for default judgement (again template provided at Alaska self-help). A default judgment hearing will be scheduled. Just appear at this hearing and tell the judge that you just want a divorce. He will grant it. If all else fails, cough up the money and hire me. I will do it affordably. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
38248 Rainbow Dr.
Soldotna, AK 99669
Telephone: (907) 690-4624