Free Consultation: (336) 310-5516Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ben Corcoran

Ben Corcoran

Benjamin J Corcoran, PLLC
  • Estate Planning, Real Estate Law, Traffic Tickets ...
  • North Carolina
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I am a local attorney with a focus on real estate, landlord-tenant, and wills and estates. But I can and will take any matter that arises should you need me, if I do not feel comfortable in handling your matter I will do my best to find you a lawyer that is.

I live in Yadkin County and am raising my family here. I have served in the Army since 2004 and have deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan during my time in service. After completing my active service I attended UNC-Greensboro and then Wake Forest School of Law, and have continued to serve as a member of the Army Reserves.

Practice Areas
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
  • Free Consultation
    A consultation that will generally last 30-60 minutes
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    My normal hourly rate is $200-250
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
North Carolina State Bar
ID Number: 53430
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Benjamin J Corcoran, PLLC
- Current
US Army JAG Corps
- Current
Wake Forest University School of Law
J.D. (2018) | Law
Activities: Trial Team
Placeholder image for education.
University of North Carolina - Greensboro
B.A. (2014) | Political Science
Honors: Cum Laude, University Marshall
University of North Carolina - Greensboro Logo
Professional Associations
Yadkin County Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
North Carolina State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Yadkin County Bar Association
Vice President
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
295 Questions Answered
Q. how can i get my name on deed on house inherited after sister passed. nc law says i dont need name on deed
A: If you want your name on a deed, you will have to file one at the register of deeds. You can do this, but I advise you get a lawyer to draw up the document. The actual legal transference happens when you probate a copy of her estate in the county where the property is located.
Q. Right of Way on Plat
A: What the County told you is correct, currently, even though there is no road on your lot, every owner in the subdivision has an interest in that .2 acres. You will need to have someone draw up a deed from all other owners and get them to sign to remove that right of way.
Q. An organization refuses to admit not seeing a sticker on my car for parking, forcing me to pay a “discount”. Legal/Sue?
A: Send them a copy of your lease, you are not bound by a term that is not contained in your lease. Politely ask them to remove the jack and waive the fine. If they refuse then threaten legal action.
View More Answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Corcoran Law NC
129 W. Main St
Yadkinville, NC 27055
Telephone: (336) 310-5516
Fax: (336) 310-8924
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed (Today)
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Lunch break from 1PM - 2PM