Bart BetteauBetteau Law Office
- Civil Rights, Criminal Law, DUI & DWI ...
Bart Betteau will stop at nothing to provide each client with the most thorough and satisfactory defense possible, ensuring a fair case and trial to every client. This includes, without limitation, carefully researching and investigating your case in order to uncover any missed or forgotten information and evidence, challenging the state’s evidence and any illegality thereof, contacting any or all other parties involved, calling appropriate witnesses to testify on your behalf and resiliently negotiating with the prosecutor in order to, when possible, reduce your charge(s) or sentence.
EDUCATION: Wabash College, A.B., Magna Cum Laude, 1989
Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, IN, J.D., 1992
PRACTICE: Criminal Defense throughout Southern Indiana
ACCREDITATION: Super Lawyer (2008-2013), Top 100
Trial Lawyers (2012), Million Dollar Advocates Forum,
Indianapolis Monthly Top Attorney
PAST/PRESENT MEMBERSHIPS: National College of DUI Defense, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- DUI & DWI
- Juvenile Law
- Traffic Tickets
- Suspended License
- White Collar Crime
Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
In general, Attorney Bart Betteau works on a fixed fee basis (some exclusions apply). Payment options are available upon request.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Attorney at Law
- Betteau Law Office
- Bart M. Betteau is a skilled and experienced attorney, with over twenty years invested into the practice of criminal law. Mr. Betteau’s practice is devoted almost entirely to criminal defense which has enabled him to earn outstanding credentials in nearly every type of criminal case. Attorney Betteau has tried many cases before juries, including charges ranging from misdemeanors to murders. In Bart Betteau’s practice, any offense is considered to be neither too grand nor too trivial. In fact, much of his rapport involves predominantly high level offenses which require zealous representation of those whose cases have been deemed by other professionals ‘beyond all hope.’ Bart Betteau’s cases have been reflected in many reported decisions of the Indiana Supreme Court and Indiana Court of Appeals, resulting in the creation of new criminal statutes- an extraordinary feat in his profession. Further, Bart Betteau’s prior civil rights work has contributed to the building or renovation of several jails and the discontinuation of several wide-ranging policies concerning strip searching of inmates and the assessment of book-in fees, affecting countless people.
- Indiana University - Indiana University-Bloomington
- J.D. | Law
- Wabash College
- B.A. | History
- Honors: Magna cum Laude
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers
- Super Lawyer
- Indiana Super Lawyers
- Awarded consecutively from 2008 throughout current.
- Million Dollar Advocate
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum