Barbara has practiced criminal defense in Alachua County and the Eighth Judicial Circuit since 1984, handling criminal matters including murder, manslaughter, dui/vehicular manslaughter, possession, sale and trafficking in drugs, robbery, burglary, grand theft, forgery, aggravated battery, aggravated assault, gun crimes, and numerous other felony and misdemeanor offenses. Before joining DeThomasis & Buchanan, P.A. in 2001, Barbara practiced criminal law as an assistant Public Defender for the 8th Judicial Circuit for over sixteen years. Barbara was a member of the defense team for Danny Harold Rolling from 1992 through his capital murder sentencing proceeding in February of 1994.
She is a past President , Secretary, and Chapter Representative to the State Board for the 8th Judicial Circuit Chapter of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and a current member of both Florida and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Juvenile Law
- Free Consultation
Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, Mastercard, Discover
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Flat Fee in some cases, other rates negotiable
- DeThomasis & Buchanan
- Partner is Criminal Defense firm representing accused persons in State Court
- Assistant Public Defender
- 8th Circuit Public Defenders Office
- Represented indigent clients in all state court matters including first degree murder, drug trafficking, and vehicular homicide.
- Salley, Barnes, Pajon, Guttman & Del Valle, PA
- Civil litigation and general banking law.
- University of Florida
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (1978) | Law
- Honors: Member, Law Review
- Duke University
- B.A. | Political Science/Economics
- Presidents Award
- 8th Circuit Chapter, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- James C. Adkins Inn of Court
- Emeritus Member
- - Current
- Florida State Bar  # 269980
- - Current
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Chapter President, 8th circuit