Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
- Maritime Law
- Personal Injury
- Civil Rights
First consultation is free.
Credit Cards Accepted
Please note that merchant mariner credential [MMC], other Coast Guard matters, vessel ownership and charter issues generally are hourly fees representation after initial consultation.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of California
- 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, E.D.MI
- English: Spoken, Written
- Berschler Associates, PC
- Berschler & Draluck
- Temple University Beasley School of Law
- California State Bar  # 56557
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers
- Capital City Trial Lawyers Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- California Certified Legal Specialist in Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Certified Specialist
Articles & Publications
- Abdulhalim A. Ali v. Robert Rogers
- 780 F.3d 1229
- Dawna A. Joseph v. Carolyn A. Johnson
- 178 Cal. App. 4th 1404
- Trung Le v. American Seafoods Co. LLC
- 352 Fed. Appx. 150
- Heather K. Knight v. Christopher Longaker
- 2007 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 47080
- Kendra Summers v. United States
- 905 F.2d 1212
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- State Bar of California
3 Questions Answered
- Q. Son was severely physically disabled for life due to antioch cps. Do i have a case?
- A: Sounds like your son was severely by police in Antioch. If so, your son - not you has the right to bring a claim or suit. If your son is a minor child (less than 18byerars) you or another adult would be bringing the claim as your son's "guardian ad litem": an adult responsible to your son.
- Q. What is the time limit to serve a PI lawsuit in state of California in this pandemic situation?
- A: California Rule of Court, 3.110(b) provides: The complaint must be served on all named defendants and proofs of service on those defendants must be filed with the court within 60 days after the filing of the complaint. When the complaint is amended to add a defendant, the added defendant must be served and proof of service must be filed within 30 days after the filing of the amended complaint. As a practical matter that I have seen in 46 years of practice, Court court will grant more time than 60 days. Woody Allen once said, "90% of success is just showing up." the point being that the plaintiff or plaintiff attorney best appear for all court appearances, especially to explain why it is taking longer than the Rule allows to serve the defendant.
- Q. What is the statue of limitations on a false imprisonment civil suit from the date of discharge
- A: The Civil Rights Act of 1991, 42 U.S.C., sec. 1981; et. seq. [including section 1983] is probably the law to be used. That Act adopts a state's statute of limitations period for personal injury claims as the time limitation. The issue being: in which state did the imprisonment first occur?
Contact & Map