Arik D. HetueHetue Law PC - Estate Planning and Small Business Counsel
- Estate Planning, Business Law, Employment Law
After 8 years defending employers with a respected Chicago defense firm, Arik started Hetue Law, P.C. with a mission of helping people navigate the legal issues surrounding starting and growing their businesses as an outside general counsel, and protecting their finances and families via proper estate planning.
Arik is a skilled business law attorney, with experience in risk management, HR planning, business entity formation, corporate dispute resolution, technology planning, technology licensing agreements, and has enjoyed outside general counsel status to a variety of small businesses and technology start ups. He is also an experienced estate planning attorney, providing individuals and business owners with all the options necessary to protect their families, including wills, revocable trusts, powers of attorney, and various other more complex solutions when the need arises.
Arik has extensive experience with EEOC, IDHR, Illinois State Court, and Illinois Federal Court litigation. He has handled workers compensation, personal injury, and defamation claims, ADA issues, age, gender and race discrimination claims, and retaliatory discharge cases. He has secured multiple jury verdicts in both gender discrimination and retaliation suits in Federal District Court. Arik also has extensive appellate practice, having successfully argued appeals in several districts of the Illinois Appellate Court and in the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Free Consultation
Credit Cards Accepted
I accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover Card.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Most of my services are flat fee however I am able to provide services on an hourly basis.
- 7th Circuit
- German: Written
- Keefe, Campbell, Biery & Associates
- The John Marshall Law School
- J.D. (2009) | Law
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- B.S. (2002) | Economics & Anthropology
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award
- Center for Computer Assisted Legal Instruction
- Civil Procedure II
- ISBA  # 235530
- - Current
- State Bar of Illinois  # 6300018
- - Current
- Hetue Law PC
- Hetue Law Blog
- Estate Planning 101 – Trusts Overview
June 12, 2020
- Outside General Counsel – Why Businesses Need Attorneys
May 13, 2020
- Stuck at Home? Offering Phone and Video Consultations
March 23, 2020