Free Consultation: (937) 502-1040Tap to Call This Lawyer
Anthony C. Satariano

Anthony C. Satariano

Ferguson & Ferguson, LLC
  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence...
  • Florida, Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Anthony is an Associate Attorney at Ferguson & Ferguson, LLC. His practice primarily focuses on family law matters (custody, support, divorce/dissolution), misdemeanor criminal defense, estate planning an civil litigation.

Anthony is a Miami Valley native and graduated from Cedarville High School. After earning an undergraduate degree from Ohio University in Marketing and Pre-Law, Anthony enrolled at the University of Dayton School of Law. At UDSL, Anthony served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Law Review, a member of the Moot Court Competition Team, a teaching assistant, a Dean's Fellow and the Chief Justice of the Honor Council. Anthony also graduated in the top 5 of his class. After graduation, Anthony went on to take and pass both the Ohio and Florida bar exams.

Anthony is an active member in the community. He is a member of the Sons of Italy, the Greene County Fish and Game Association and the Xenia Chamber of Commerce. Anthony also serves as the President of Networking Pros chapter of Business Networking International.

Professionally, Anthony is a member of the Greene County Bar Association, the Dayton Bar Association, the Ohio Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association and the Florida Bar Association. Anthony is also licensed to practice law in the U.S. Federal District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • Estate Planning
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
The Florida Bar
ID Number: 1015928
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Supreme Court of Ohio Office of Attorney Services
ID Number: 0097836
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Associate Attorney
Ferguson & Ferguson, LLC
- Current
University of Dayton School of Law
J.D. (2018)
Honors: Graduated with honors.
University of Dayton School of Law Logo
Ohio University
B.B.A. (2015) | Marketing and Business Pre-Law
Ohio University Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of Ohio # 0097836
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Ferguson & Ferguson - Firm Website
Legal Answers
37 Questions Answered

Q. i got a girl pregant and she doent want anything to do with me.
A: Nothing. If you are the biological father of a child, you are legally obligated to help support that child until it reaches the age of 18 and graduates from high school. It does not matter if you have any parental rights, or what those rights might look like, the law allows her to pursue child support and there is no way to avoid that responsibility. I highly suggest consulting a family law/custody lawyer who may be able to help you negotiate a parenting plan/custody arrangement that fits everyone's needs.
Q. Do I have to send my 6 year old to PA for visit during the stay at home order?
A: The short answer is: Yes. The stay at home order does not change court ordered visitation and if you do not comply with the court order, you will be in contempt and subject to the associated penalties.
Q. Can my husband break into my phone and take messages and personal photos off of it without me knowing
A: Yes he can. While you are married, the majority of the property either of you own is considered "marital property" meaning both of you have a right to it.
Q. Will I be held in contempt for denying visitation due to COVID-19?
A: You can be held in contempt. The stay at home order and the pandemic restrictions DO NOT negate court ordered visitation. Travel related to custody exchanges is deemed essential travel and thus is allowed under the current public health changes. I suggest trying to discuss your concerns with the other parent to see if you two can come to a temporary agreement for the child's safety.
Q. With the current stay at home order, can I refuse visitation?
A: The short answer is: No, you cannot refuse visitation. The stay at home order does not change the visitation/custody order you have. If you fail to follow the court order you have, you could be in contempt.
Q. I have custody of my 4 y granddaughter in Ohio. Her Mother is a Nurse. Can I stop court ordered visits for safety?
A: The short answer is: no. The stay at home order in place in Ohio currently does not supersede valid custody/visitation orders in place. If you refuse to allow the mother her court ordered time, you could be found in contempt of court and subject to fines, attorney fees and possibly even ordered to give her more time to make up for what was missed. I suggest consulting with an attorney to determine your best options.
Q. My ex husband and I have shared custody of our 3 yr old, he takes him from me all the time how do I stop him
A: One option you have is to petition the court to terminate the shared parenting. Under Ohio law, there are some baseline factors courts need to evaluate to to determine if shared parenting is proper. Those factors include many things such as ability to cooperate for the child's best interest, etc. If the court were to agree that shared parenting is no longer proper, and grant you custody and your ex visitation, then that would give you the power to have law enforcement get your child back if he takes the child outside of his designated time. It would also give you significantly more options in court (i.e. contempt) if he does continue to cause issues. While you have shared parenting (i.e. you both have custody), it is very difficult to stop your ex from taking possession of your son without court intervention because most law enforcement officers will not act as they will consider it a civil matter while you both have legal custody. Even if it interferes with your set time with the child. In terms of the stalking behavior, you may have options in terms of a CPO. I would suggest consulting with an attorney regarding all of the above.
Q. During the stay home in Ohio if you're out and a cop stops you can they tell you you cannot go home
A: Holding you and preventing you from continuing on your way or returning home would require the officer to either detain or arrest you. They cannot simply deny your right to return home without legal justification that is sufficient to trump your constitutional rights. Although the situation is developing, it does not appear at this time officers are being instructed to stop and check people solely based on the stay at home order. If you have been stopped and prevented from returning home, I suggest you contact an attorney.
Q. What if my ticket isn’t in the system for court date ? The ticket was for speeding & was not mandatory court attendance.
A: A lot of times, courts won't put a case in the system for a non-mandatory traffic tickets until the initial court date on the ticket occurs. That is because they don't want to waste time adding it to the docket if the accused is just going to pay the ticket online or over the phone. Just because the ticket is not showing up in the system DOES NOT mean the case is gone. You still need to either pay the ticket or show up at the court date on the ticket to dispute the ticket.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Ferguson & Ferguson, LLC
234 Dayton Ave.
Xenia, OH 45385
Telephone: (937) 502-1040