Free Consultation: (770) 648-5071Tap to Call This Lawyer
Anitra Walker

Anitra Walker

Walker Law LLC
  • Personal Injury, Collections, Traffic Tickets
  • Georgia, Maryland
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Collections
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Free Consultation
    There is no charge for a personal injury or collections consultation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    All personal injury cases are taken on a contingency basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Georgia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Maryland Court of Appeals
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Supreme Court of the State of Georgia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Walker Law LLC
- Current
Aubrey Thrasher LLC
- Current
Khano & Associates, LLC
Deming, Parker, Hoffman, Campbell & Daly, LLC
University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
Placeholder image for education.
Spelman College
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Georgia
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Atlanta Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
13 Questions Answered

Q. I found out a friend who was keeping my parrots gave them to a rescue without contacting me to get them back.
A: Based on the facts, it appears you do have a civil claim for approximately 1600.00 against your friend. The problem is you will need to locate her in order to effectively bring the lawsuit. Also, if you believe she lives in the state of Indiana, the lawsuit will need to be filed in Indiana. The written agreement can be used as evidence of the understanding between the parties. It is best you reach out to a civil litigator in the state of Indiana and provide them with a copy of the written agreement for review. They will be able to properly advise you of your rights with regard to the law in Indiana.
Q. Bit into a zaxbys chicken finger and found a fishing hook inside of it as I chewed it in my mouth. What can be done?
A: Thankfully, you were not injured. Because you did not get hurt, there is no claim for personal injury. Did you immediately notify Zaxby’s that you found a fish hook in your food? More than likely they would be willing to offer you a replacement chicken finger meal.
Q. Can legal action be taking against uber if I was charged a fee for a ride the driver canceled ??
A: It does not appear you should have to pay a cancellation fee if you did not cancel the ride and the ride was not canceled because of something that you did. When you explained the situation to Uber, what was Uber’s reason for not refunding you the money? Was anyone with you when you attempted to catch the ride? Did anyone witness your conversation with the Uber driver? Legal action can be taken against Uber, but I am not certain this is your best option. If you do choose to bring a lawsuit against Uber, more than likely it will cost more than the money that you paid for the cancellation fee, and as with any lawsuit you want to ensure you are suing and serving the appropriate parties. You also have the option of paying an attorney to send a demand letter to Uber for a refund. Again, this option will likely cost more than the cancellation fee. You may even try sending a certified letter to the CEO of Uber detailing the situation with your request for a refund. If others were present during your conversation with the Uber driver, it may help to have their signed affidavits included. This option will cost you approximately 7.00. Although there is no guarantee you will receive a refund, if you have the time, I think it may be worth a shot.
Q. Can you stop an eviction once a writ of possession has be ordered
A: After the writ of possession is granted, the landlord contacts the Sheriff’s office to make arrangements for a Sheriff to supervise the landlord’s removal of a tenant who refuses to leave and/or the tenant’s personal property. At this point, it is too late to pay to stop the eviction, unless the landlord is in agreement. This gets tricky because once the court grants the eviction and writ you can still be evicted, even if you pay. The best time to negotiate and offer a payment would have been either prior to your eviction hearing or during the hearing. Normally at the hearing the parties are given time to negotiate.
Q. I asked to file a motion to compel all responses instead of default judgement when writing interrogatories to defendant
A: From your question, it sounds as if you have filed a lawsuit against another party and have served them with interrogatories but they have not responded, and you are now inquiring as to whether you can ask for a default judgment. Generally, a default judgment is granted to the plaintiff when the defendant fails to file an answer to the complaint (or statement of claim, as is the case in small claims actions). Are you the plaintiff? If the other party is the defendant, did they file an answer to your complaint? A motion to compel can be filed when the other party has not responded to your interrogatories or other discovery requests after a good faith effort to resolve the matter. Litigation can be complex, and it is best to have an attorney represent you in this matter.
Q. Hello, If I pay rent weekly, my security deposit was only 1 weeks' rent ( 150) Can my landlord use the deposit ifor
A: Yes, if the landlord is in agreement. However, normally, a security deposit is not to be applied to rent while the tenant is still occupying the property. The deposit essentially serves as security to your landlord, in the event you leave the property damaged or in the event you leave without paying rent. Have you already had a conversation with your landlord about this as an option? If they are willing that's great for you and I would request that agreement be in writing. However, the landlord would not be required to apply the security deposit to the current rent.
Q. if a guest refuses to sign a lease, what should I do to get them evicted
A: Although your ex-girlfriend has not signed an actual lease, because she is living in the property, a tenancy at will has been created. You will need to give her a 60-day notice to leave. If she remains after the 60th day, you can file a dispossessory (eviction proceeding) in the county in which the property is located. With regards to the destroyed personal property, you can make an informal written demand to be compensated. This demand can include either receipts or estimates for the property that was destroyed. If you are not successful, there is always the option of bringing a civil lawsuit for the value of the damaged property or initiating a criminal proceeding (warrant application). You will need to present evidence that it was in fact your ex-girlfriend that destroyed the property. I would suggest an in-depth consultation with an attorney on both of these matters before moving forward.
Q. my former tenant states that he is not responsible for carpet cleaning after 3 years, chimney cleaning or broken fire
A: If the damage done to the carpet, chimney, and fireplace is beyond normal wear and tear for a three year period, then your former tenant would be responsible for the cost of repair. If you are still within the 30 days of your tenant leaving the property, you can send them a letter with a list of the damages. The letter should indicate how much if any of the security deposit you are returning. If the security deposit does not cover the total cost of repair, the letter can also include an invoice for the remaining repairs. If your former tenant refuses to pay for the repairs, you can bring a lawsuit for the damages. Pictures (or a video taken during the final walk through) of the damage may be helpful. Of course, it is always best to consult with an attorney and provide all relevant documentation for their review.
Q. Can a landlord have people in my home before my move out? Can he sue me?
A: In most cases, a landlord will withhold a portion (or all) of the security deposit to cover damages to the property which are considered beyond normal wear and tear. If the damages are more than the amount of the security deposit, the landlord will send a bill for this additional cost to repair. Ultimately, the landlord can sue a tenant for damages. If you believe the damages were caused by your ex, you can sue your ex for this amount. You also asked about allowing third parties access to the property. Most lease agreements include clauses which allow servicers, contractors, or representatives of the landlord to peacefully enter the property at reasonable times for various reasons which include repairs, pest control and showing the unit to potential buyers. In addition, there may be a clause which allows third parties to enter in the case of an emergency. I would suggest having an attorney review the lease to determine whether your landlord is in breach. Wishing you the best.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Walker Law LLC
3645 Marketplace Boulevard
Atlanta, GA 30344
Telephone: (770) 648-5071