Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Juvenile Law
- Military Law
Free in-office consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar
- 10th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- Managing Partner
- In Balance Legal
- - Current
- Managing Attorney
- Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking
- Supervised a comprehensive legal services program of six attorneys and two interns across two distinct practice groups that served the unique needs of persons trafficked for the purpose of modern-day slavery. Collaborated with, trained, and provided technical assistance to law enforcement, justice partners, community-based organizations, and private enterprise. Managed a team of staff attorneys, interns, and volunteer counsel. Oversaw programmatic budget, evaluated programs, and secured grant-based funding.
- Family Law Attorney
- Marjaree Mason Center
- Provided holistic legal representation and services for victims of domestic violence, dating violence, stalking and sexual assault in Fresno County. Prepared legal documents; represented clients in contested bench trials. Assisted with volunteer training and management; advocated for clients with law enforcement and other agencies; provided training to other staff and the community; participated in community and agency committees.
- Judge Advocate
- U.S. Navy
- University of Colorado Law School
- J.D. (2009)
- University of Colorado - Denver
- M.A. (2009) | Public Administration
- Metropolitan State College of Denver
- B.A. (2006) | Psychology
- State Bar of Colorado  # 41581
- State Bar of California  # 299538
Articles & Publications
- Book Review: iPad in One Hour for Litigators
- The Colorado Lawyer
- Legal Remedies for Human Trafficking Victims , University of Southern California Gould School of Law
- International Human Rights Clinic
- Bradley, A. Z. (2017, August)
- Legal Remedies for Human Trafficking Victims for Pro Bono Attorneys , Los Angeles, CA
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- 8-hour MCLE presented with Richard, S. (2017, August)
Websites & Blogs
- In Balance Legal
190 Questions Answered
- Q. Cps said they will not place my grand son with me cause of my pass history I have been clean for 20years
- A: You can ask the social worker if you can file an RFA appeal. It's available if you have a waiveable offense. If they cannot waive it, and you get a full denial of your RFA, then you won't be able to reapply for at least another year. You should contact an attorney who is a dependency law specialist (CWLS), NOT a family law specialist (CFLS), because the law governing child welfare is very different from family law. Good luck.
- Q. I’ve missed 9 drills in Indiana. they said If I don’t make them up I’m going to dishonerable... true or false?
- A: The only way to be dishonorably discharged is if it is awarded at a general court martial. Is it possible? Yes. Each missed drill is an Unauthorized Absence. They could choose to refer the charges to court-martial. More likely is that they’ll administratively separate you, asking for either a General or Other Than Honorable discharge. If they’re offering you to makeup your drills, you should ask if they’re going to make those UAs into AAs or if they’re just going to suspend disciplinary/administrative action. You’re welcome to reach out to my office for a more in-depth consult. Good luck.
- Q. Can I be discharged from military service because of a cancer diagnosis?
- A: If you are an active duty service member with a cancer diagnosis, you will be processed through the Physical Evaluation Board process. The Navy will determine whether your cancer significantly interferes with the performance of your duties. Depending on how disabled you are determined to be (by the VA) you could be either retired or separated with a severance. My office practices in this area. If you need additional assistance, please reach out to me.
Contact & Map