Free Consultation: (815) 316-2920Tap to Call This Lawyer
Angela Lund-Logan

Angela Lund-Logan

Law Office of Angela Lund-Logan
  • Family Law, Divorce
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

The first divorce I handled was my own. I personally understand the emotional turmoil my clients experience and strive to reduce the stress caused by a family law case. I opened my own law firm to focus on the needs of clients. Because a family law case strains an individual both mentally and monetarily, every clients needs to have effect representation at a reasonable rate. GOAL: Resolve every case as cost-effective and quickly as possible while pursuing the client's objectives UNDERSTANDING THE CASE. Explaining each stage, each document, and each court appearance, I take the confusion out of a family law case. When a client understands what is being said in court and stated in the pleadings, clients are able to actively participate in the case. The process shouldn't be a mystery. With me as your attorney, you will understand the process, the paperwork, and the court proceedings. LIMITED PRACTICE OF ATTORNEY ANGELA LUND-LOGAN I limit my practice to family law cases. There are many attorneys who practice family law but few practice only family law. If you have a family law case, you need an attorney who solely practices family law. Limiting my practice allows me to be familiar with the vast nuances of each accept involved in the practice of family law: custody, visitation, child support, maintenance, retirement accounts, real property, personal property, debt allocation, college expenses, etc. JUDGES. Knowing the judge is key to representing clients effectively. If you do not regularly appear before a judge it is difficult to advise clients about that judge. Learning the idiosyncrasies of a judge is just as important as knowing how that judge interprets the law. To be cognizant of the family law judges I limits my practice to Boone and Winnebago counties. COUNTIES. I limited my practice to Winnebago and Boone counties in the 17th Judicial Circuit so I know the local court rules in addition to the Illinois Supreme Court Rules, statu

Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
  • Free Consultation
    Free telephone consultations
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express debit or credit cards
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Angela Lund-Logan
- Current
Family law practice
University of Northern Iowa
B.A. | History
Placeholder image for education.
Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
J.D. | LAW
Southern Illinois University - Carbondale Logo
Professional Associations
Solo Practicing Attorneys (Women)
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Illinois State Bar Association
Activities: Family Law Section
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Winnebago County Bar Association
Activities: Family Law Section
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Angela Lund-Logan: Finds balance in career; creative interests
Women in Business
Guardian ad Litem
17th Judicial Circuit
17th Judicial Circuit
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered
Q. How do I take my kids father off of child support?
A: You file paperwork requesting that child support be terminated.
Q. If im put on child support do I have the rights to file my child
A: I assume that you are asking if you can claim your child as a dependent. The court that ordered you to pay child support can enter an order giving you the right to claim your child as a dependent. You need to request that such an order enter.

Most court orders require state that if you are behind in paying your child support, you are not allowed to claim the child.

Some judges require that you pay a specific amount of child support to be allowed to claim the child. This is based on the IRS rule that the parent who provides the most financial support for the child is allowed to claim the child.
Q. Can an ex wife collect on a pod account when the husband dies if it says in the divorce papers that Husband shall retain
A: You need to seek advice from a Probate attorney. There may be documents with the financial institution that were never changed after the divorce. There may be a will directing the financial institution to pay. A divorce can only order the Husband and the Wife to act and no one else. Perhaps there were steps that needed to be taken after the divorce that did not occur. File your question in the Probate/Estate section.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
8232 Ravere St
Machesney Park, IL 61115
Telephone: (815) 316-2920
Fax: (815) 516-5777