Free Consultation: (219) 228-8886Tap to Call This Lawyer
Andrew L. Bennett

Andrew L. Bennett

Bennett & Catsadimas, P.C.
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Traffic Tickets...
  • Indiana
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldSocial Media

I am an experienced trial attorney, with over 20 years practicing law, including felony trials for Reckless Homicide. The majority of those years were spent as a deputy prosecuting attorney where I concentrated on OWI cases including OWI Causing Death cases.

In my capacity as a deputy prosecuting attorney I would routinely go to crash scenes at all hours of the day or night. Many times throughout the year I would conduct training for law enforcement officers. This has provided me with a keen insight into and knowledge of the criminal justice system.

This passion to do my best and put the hours needed into a case is now brought to defending my clients in Northwest Indiana including the counties of Lake, Porter, La Porte, St. Joseph, Newton, Jasper, Starke and Marshall in a variety of criminal cases including misdemeanors and complex felonies.

I rely upon my honesty and integrity, presenting the facts in a straight forward manner. I strive to maintain a strong rapport with my clients, other legal professionals and the bench. I would like to put my knowledge, dedication and experience to work for you.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Domestic Violence
Additional Practice Areas
  • Specialized Driving Privileges
  • Expungements
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I do offer flexible payment plans that work with your budget.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Bennett & Catsadimas, P.C.
Valparaiso University School of Law
J.D. | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Ball State University
B.S. (1994) | Political Science, Psychology, Business
Ball State University Logo
Client's Choice Award
Professional Associations
Indiana State Bar # 20788-45
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Lake County Bar Association
- Current
Activities: Criminal Defense section
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Porter County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Inns of Court, Calumet Council
Master of the Bench
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Panel discussion on Criminal Law, Criminal Law class
Ivy Tech College
Websites & Blogs
Andrew L. Bennett's Website Profile
Bennett & Catsadimas, P.C. Website
Legal Answers
366 Questions Answered

Q. What is a typical punishment for a first time offender pleading guilty to 35-43-4-2(a)/MA: Theft
A: It is difficult to answer that without more information. It will depend on the local practices of the prosecutors office and the particular court. However, if the person has no criminal history it is not likely they would go jail. Additionally, if this is their first offense they should consider other options to avoid a conviction such as a Pre-Trial Diversion rather than pleading guilty.
Q. Got a speeding ticket and didn’t have my proof of insurance on me, the officer added no DLN and wrong DOB on ticket?
A: You can see if the Prosecutors Office is willing to negotiate the case with you. If you pay the ticket it will likely increase your insurance rates therefore, if the prosecutors office is not willing to negotiate with you, consider hiring an attorney.
Q. I got a speeding ticket 72 in a 55 . Wen I went online to see the balance The info he type in was incorrect.
A: How much of the information is incorrect? Generally, the State can correct the scriveners errors at any time so its not likely it will be dismissed. However, if the ticket is more wrong than correct, you may find a sympathetic prosecutor to agree to dismiss or defer. Call the prosecutors office to see if a deputy will discuss the case with you. If they won't consider hiring an attorney, the ticket as filed is a 4 point violation and if you simply pay the ticket, your insurance very likely will increase.
Q. Are biker groups rides for a cause allowed to to run red lites as w funeral processions? In Indiana?
A: The short answer is no, however, if prior arrangements are made with the city or town to have a police escort then most likely it would be yes.
Q. Level 6 and 5. Misdemeanor b same case no. Looking for 1 to 1 1/2 years mcc home detention and some probation. Possible?
A: Would need much more information than what you have provided to even attempt an answer. It will depend on the specifics of the charges, if a victim is involved, criminal history, etc.
Q. How can I without getting in trouble help defendant not be found guilty for DV after I reported it.
A: Your boyfriend needs an attorney, if he doesn't already have one. Additionally, you may need a separate attorney to advise you on the potential consequences for False Informing if you recant your report to the police.
Q. My boyfriend is charged with DV and strangulation against pregnant women level 5 felony.
A: If there is a conviction regardless if by plea or by trial, he would be deportable. If the case is dismissed or found not guilty, deportation is very unlikely.
Q. I filed a report against my boyfriend who is 19 for abuse they charged him with domestic battery against pregnant women.
A: The filing of the charges and the continued prosecution of those charges is completely the prosecutors choice. Victims Assistance from the Prosecutors Office should have contact with you where you can advise them of your position, however, it will still be the prosecutors decision to move forward or dismiss. Also, since your boyfriend is not a U.S. citizen he is subject to being deported.
Q. My case been going on since 2014 all they do is continue it. I agreed to do probation but still nothing... what can i do
A: If your PD is not moving your case, you can either request a new PD or hire your own attorney who should be able to get is done.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Bennett & Catsadimas, P.C.
205 E Jefferson St
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Telephone: (219) 228-8886
Fax: (219) 228-8626