Free Consultation: (847) 583-0101Tap to Call This Lawyer
Andrew John Hawes

Andrew John Hawes

George Pecherek & Associates, P.C.
  • Bankruptcy, Collections, Divorce ...
  • Illinois, Wisconsin
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Foreclosure Defense
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Associate Attorney
George Pecherek & Associates, P.C.
- Current
Family Law, Estate Planning, Estate Litigation, Estate Administration, Bankruptcy
University of Wisconsin Law School
Honors: Graduated Cum Laude, Moot Court Board Member and Coach, Semi-Finalist at Stetson International Environmental Moot Court Competition, North America (Atlantic Regional), Spring 2009ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in Health Law
Activities: Center for Patient Partnerships Patient Advocate, Fall 2008
University of Wisconsin Law School Logo
Northwestern University
B.A. | Political Science
Northwestern University Logo
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
40 Questions Answered
Q. If child support is "reserved" can it be modified retroactively?
A: Nope
Q. How do I revoke guardianship of a minor? My parents received this in 2006. I'm back & stable & want full custody back.
A: As far as I can tell from researching this issue, a minor can only end a guardianship when they attain the age of majority, or if you can convince one of your parents to file a petition and prove, by a preponderance of the evidence, that a material change in the circumstances of the minor or the parent has occurred since the entry of the order appointing the guardian warranting removal of the guardian. They would have to convince the court that it is in your best interest to remove that guardianship.
A: Yes. If you are in agreement you can both just sign the certification and agreement by counsel. Then you go to the motion/scheduling clerk with this signed agreement to get a "prove-up" date, in which you both will need to go to court. At this time, the judge will ask you questions and then you can get divorced. I recommend you ask legal aid to put your agreement in writing so that you can present that to the court to enter on the date of your prove up.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
8041 N. Milwaukee Ave
Niles, IL 60714
Telephone: (847) 583-0101