"I Care. I Fight. I help my clients put their lives back together."
Charlottesville attorney André Hakes is a partner at the law firm of Tucker Griffin Barnes P.C. handling criminal defense, sex crimes and DUI cases.
To the art and science of criminal defense, Ms. Hakes brings prosecutorial and police educator experience, and a long, successful track record defending clients on murder, sex crimes, drug charges, DUI, embezzlement, assault, and many other criminal allegations. Ms. Hakes has a reputation for “out-working” her opponent when preparing for trial.
Sample results from Andre's criminal defense cases:
[The results obtained under one set of circumstances cannot be a predictor of future results.]
1. Judge Declares Mistrial in UVA Sexual Assault Case (Prosecution drops case) - Daily Progress
2. Man Not Guilty in Augusta County Rape Trial - The News Leader
3. Not Guilty Verdict in Albemarle Rape Trial - Albemarle County Circuit Court
4. Harris Found Not Guilty in Murder Case - Daily Progress
5. Man found Innocent of Embezzling from Little League - Daily Progress
6. FREE MAN -- Morris Avoids 2nd Murder Trial - The Hook
Immediate Tip: What to do if the police ask you to come down to the station and just talk with them?
Do not speak with the police until you have an attorney. Miranda rights don’t apply until you are actually in custody or arrested. To avoid them, the police “ask” you to come down to the station “voluntarily” to “clear things up.” They put you in a little room with hidden cameras and microphones, where you are being videotaped without your knowing it. They use psychological interrogation techniques to get you to say things that may hurt you later in court. They are allowed to lie to you. You are not allowed to lie to them. How do you protect yourself? Don’t talk. Call us right away.