Free Consultation: (910) 333-9679Tap to Call This Lawyer
Amanda Bowden Houser

Amanda Bowden Houser

The Houser Law Firm, P.C.
  • Divorce, Family Law, Traffic Tickets...
  • North Carolina
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

The Houser Law Firm, P.C. is a Professional Corporation and full service, General Practice law firm located in Jacksonville, that serves Onslow Jones and surrounding counties in South Eastern North Carolina. We know that in these tough economic times, saving money where ever possible is important to most people. Our philosophy has always been to provide our clients with prompt, courteous and professional legal services at an affordable fee. While we never compromise on our legal professionalism, we do strive to manage our cost and expenses so that we can offer high quality legal services at fees that are reasonable and affordable.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Free Consultation
    Most consultations are free. Separation Agreements and Custody cases have a $100 consultation fee. However, the consultation fee can be applied toward you quoted fee.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Most of our firm's fees are on a flat rate basis
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Founding Attorney and CEO
The Houser Law Firm, P.C.
- Current
North Carolina Central University School of Law
J.D. (2011)
Placeholder image for education.
University of North Carolina - Wilmington
B.A. (2008)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
North Carolina State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Better Business Bureau
Websites & Blogs
The Houser Law Firm Website
Easy NC Divorce
Legal Answers
1067 Questions Answered

Q. What is the time that an attorney has to respond to a Show Cause and Contempt?
A: You seem to not know what you are doing. Their response will typically be given at the hearing that you are suppose to calendar.
Q. Can a mother refuse to allow a DNA test of a child?
A: Yes, she can refuse and then man B can get the Court to force her to comply. Of course, unless man B plans to try and obtain custody of the child, all man B is really doing is setting himself up for 18 potential years of paying child support.
Q. Is it legal for a minor to be questioned without his gurdian or lawyer present in the state of North Carolina
A: In most cases, yes, it is sickening isn't it. For example DSS can roll up into to school and legally question your children without your knowledge and without you being present and even use extremely nasty and dirty tactics or even out right lies to get the information they want. Which is why it is likely best that you teach your children to absolutely refuse to answer questions from anyone and by anyone I mean exactly that - anyone. Teachers, law enforcement, authority figures such as a principal, etc. without you being there with them to tell them what is OK to answer and what is not. And you need to explain to the child that these people may lie to them to trick them into answering questions. For example, they can say 'mommy and daddy said it was ok for you to talk to us.' or they will try to scare the child into answering by saying the child will go to jail if they don't answer or that mommy and daddy will go to jail if they don't answer. This is the America you you live in now - you should probably consider doing something about it.
Q. Got a speeding ticket on I40 east, my ticket has several inaccuracies. My first name is spelled wrong, my licensing
A: The likely hood of a dismissal is so close to zero as to be virtually indistinguishable - especially if you try and handle it yourself and roll up into to Court saying all the incredibly irrelevant things you did in your question. Just hire the cheapest traffic attorney you can find and oh yeah, try not speeding in the future so you don't have to deal with stuff like this.
Q. My ? My son has account that his father linked up to his account. My Son is almost 18 this month and was sent his social
A: Yes, perfectly legal. Which is why you should never have a joint account with anyone. Ever. Unless of course you have no problem with the joint account holder possibly taking all your money. Your son should consider opening his own account, assuming he is competent to manage his money.
Q. I was going 87 in a 60. I have mandatory court appearance. Can I get this reckless driving ticket reduced?
A: You? Likely, no. At least not properly. A traffic attorney - likely yes. If the address on your ticket is correct, you will be getting a crap ton of letters from traffic attorneys. You do not need F. Lee Bailey for a traffic ticket so just pick the cheapest one and roll with that. Oh, and stop speeding it is dangerous and dumb.
Q. I just got my first ticket yesterday for speeding 72 in a 50. Hire a lawyer? I don’t want the points. What to do?
A: If you aren't a mechanic and the transmission in your car goes out - you hire a mechanic. Likewise, if you aren't an attorney and you get a traffic ticket (especially one 22 over) - you hire a traffic attorney. If the address on your ticket is correct, you will be getting a crap ton of letters from traffic attorneys (yeah, if you live at home - mom and dad are gonna likely find out youse been bad if you were hoping to keep it on the downlow). You don't need F. Lee Bailey for a traffic ticket so just pick the cheapest one and roll with that. And oh, yeah stop speeding - it is dangerous and dumb.
Q. Do I need a lawyer in my county or the county where the baby will be born to discuss and establish paternity?
A: The only way to legitimate the baby is to get married prior to the child's birth. If you and the mother are not married at the time of the birth, the child will be illegitimate (colloquially known as a bastard). However, if you want to legitimate the child in terms of being on the birth certificate and establishing paternity and rights as the father, an affidavit needs to be filed after the birth. If the mother does not contest, you will not need to a proper DNA test after the child is born. You can also address issues such as custody, visitation and support easily and affordably with a simple Parenting Agreement if the mother is agreeable. Otherwise you will have to duke it out in Court and is expensive. All of this will need best be done in Onslow County if that is where the child is born and resides. We would be happy to discuss this further with you if you'd like, just call us at (910) 333-9679 to schedule a consultation.
Q. What to do about child visitation being refused unless work contract reimbursements are sent with child support in place
A: Your husband is the one allowing it. He needs to either hire an attorney and fight it out or comply. Those are his very simple basic choices. Have him pick one.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
The Houser Law Firm, P.C.
1007 Hargett Street
Suite 2
Jacksonville, NC 28540
Telephone: (910) 333-9679
Fax: (910) 333-8513