Alonzo Holmes Sturgeon IIISouthwest Mississippi---primarily Wilkinson , Adams and Amite Counties
- Collections, Domestic Violence, Estate Planning ...
- Mississippi, Mississippi
Holmes Sturgeon has practiced law throughout the counties of Southwest Mississippi since 1989. He is originally from Woodville, Mississippi, which is where he maintains his primary office.
Mr. Sturgeon graduated with honors from the University of Southern Mississippi with a degree in biology.He lettered in track there and was a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon. Mr. Sturgeon was also a member of Omicron Delta Kappa honor society. He graduated from law school from Ole Miss in December of 1988, and was admitted to the Mississippi Bar in March of 1989. He also currently serves as the County Prosecutor for Wilkinson County, a post he has held since June of 1989.
Mr. Sturgeon practices in both the Chancery and Circuit courts of all the counties in South Mississippi ,as well as the Supreme Court of Mississippi. He is licensed in both the Northern and Southern districts of Federal Court in Mississippi, and the Federal 5th District Court in New Orleans. He also practices before the Bankruptcy Courts of Mississippi.
Mr Sturgeon is active in the Mississippi Bar Association and has served as President of the Natchez-Adams County Bar Association.
Mr. Sturgeon is active in a number of civic activities. He has served as President of the Natchez Historical Society and on the Board of Directors of the Mississippi Historical Society and the Woodville Civic Club. He served a term as Governor General of the Order of the First Families of Mississippi.
Holmes Sturgeon is married to Jeretta Hunter Sturgeon and is the father of two sons, Walker Sturgeon and Lon Sturgeon. He attends Corinth Church of Christ and is a Mason.
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Defense
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Social Security Disability
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Mr. Sturgeon takes contingent fees on the select personal injury cases he accepts.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Mr. Sturgeon currently charges $200.00 for a general consultation and $165.00 per hour on most cases. He does have flat fees for many cases.
- University of Mississippi
- J.D. (1988) | Law
- University of Southern Mississippi
- B.S. (1985) | Biology
- Honors: With Honors
- Activities: Lettered in Track four years. Member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon social fraternity. Member of Omicron Delta Kappa and Phi Alpha Theta honor societies.
- Mississippi State Bar