Free Consultation: (864) 991-8450Tap to Call This Lawyer
Allen C. Ladd

Allen C. Ladd

Immigration Lawyer at Allen C. Ladd, P.C.
  • Immigration Law
  • Georgia, South Carolina, Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Thank you for visiting my JUSTIA listing. Please let me tell you a few things about my immigration law practice and how I may help you.

I am a full-time immigration lawyer. I handle only immigration cases. Over many years, I have helped thousands of people, many with challenging cases. And I'd like to help you to achieve your goal, so you or a family member can get permission to live in the United States, or become a citizen. Or perhaps, I can help you find a "visa solution" to help you live your dream of having your own business in the United States.

I am licensed to practice law in South Carolina. I can, and do, represent people in all 50 states, and people who are overseas. Occasionally I travel to other states for immigration interviews, and to other countries for conferences with clients and other attorneys.

My office is located in Greenville, South Carolina. The office is easy to find. From Interstate 85, take I-385 toward Greenville, proceed 5 or so miles, and turn left at the first traffic light, at the Bon Secours Wellness Center. This will put you a few blocks away from our office. The office is in an attractive white house at 14 Whitsett Street. See photos. Free parking is available on Whitsett Street.

In our office, we are friendly, and hospitable, to our guests. My paralegals and I will treat you courteously and professionally. We have a comfortable waiting room, and facilities for you and your family. We offer free Wi-Fi for our guests. And children's magazines, with a take-home box of crayons and coloring pages.

Important: You must schedule an appointment ahead of time, and complete an information sheet, which you can do online. It is available in English and in Spanish. You will be entitled to a free 30-minute consultation. Or, if you prefer, you may schedule a 1-hour consultation for $250, payable by credit card in advance. Telephone and Skype consultations are also available. We frequently Skype with clients in Europe

Practice Area
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
    Consultations are FREE if made by appointment, and for 30 minutes. One-hour consultations are available for $250, by appointment. We do not accept walk-ins.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit cards accepted, and payment by wire transfer, Western Union, etc. (subject to attorney approval).
  • Contingent Fees
    Fees may be structured according to payment plans. If final payment is contingent on approval, client must agree to a higher overall fee.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    All cases handled on a flat-fee basis. Payment plans are available for most cases.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
South Carolina
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • French: Spoken, Written
  • German: Written
  • Portuguese: Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Allen C. Ladd, P.C.
- Current
Albany Law School
J.D. (1978) | General law studies; NY procedural law.
Honors: Co-President, First Year Class.
Activities: Student government. Rugby (A-side).
University of Virginia
B.A. (1975) | Foreign Relations, French
3.65 GPS within major fields of study.
Honors: Graduation with Distinction; Intermediate Honors, Dean's List all semesters.
Activities: Officer, Phi Kappa Psi fraternity. Intramural sports.
AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 Peer Review Rated
Professional Associations
American Immigration Lawyers Association
Federal Bar Association
American Bar Association
National Immigration Project
South Carolina Bar  # 63051
Articles & Publications
The Midterm Elections Are Not about “Immigration"
American Immigration, LLC (
The U.S. Work Visa System - An Overview
South Carolina Lawyer
Self-Employment Options under U.S. Immigration Law
American Immigration, LLC (
Repealing the 10-Year Bar
American Immigration, LLC (
Speaking Engagements
Immigration Law Consequences of Criminal Law Activity, Criminal Law Update
The Work Visa System: an Overview, OnDemand Webinar
"Waiver Updates" Panel, Bangkok District Conference
Websites & Blogs
Allen C. Ladd, Attorney Website
Allen C. Ladd, Attorney Spanish Website
Legal Answers
76 Questions Answered

Q. Me and my fiance got married under a k1 visa but she left the us because we thought she had to wait back in her country.
A: Contact, American immigration lawyers Association, which has a military assistance project. You may qualify for free assistance by volunteer Immigration lawyers.
Q. I been Madrid 8 months now nd I don't get it
A: Please be more specific, how can I help? (Si quiere, usted puede preguntarme en su idioma.) Allen Ladd, Attorney
Q. My green card expired a few months ago, will I have some problems to renew online?
A: No problems, but you need to get on it. You'll need to keep your PR status in shape as you are looking ahead to citizenship. BTW, once you file the I-90 to renew your PR, you will receive an I-797 receipt notice. You can typically use the I-797 as proof, to renew state benefits like driver's license.
Q. If I marry my girlfriend in the USA what happens next how can I get a visa to stay with her
A: Yes, wherever you are, see an immigration lawyer.
Q. my girlfriend is ready to fly to Orlando area from Athens Greece with her minor children, to get married and live here
A: Sorry, but ... No, not OK. Improper, and considered IMMIGRATION FRAUD. Could result in many problems. STOP. Much better to take this, step-by-step: 1. You go to Greece and marry your Greek fiancee. 2. You file I-130 family petitions for her, and for each of her children. 3, The I-130 petitions are review, processed and hopefully approved. 4. Then she and her children apply for immigrant visas and attend IV interviews in Athens. 5. When approved, they have 6 months to use the IVs to come to the USA, as "conditional resident" green card holders.
Q. I got my green card in 2012 but didn't move to the US until 2015. Do I owe taxes for 2012-2014?
A: As a green card holder, you are required to report all WORLDWIDE income. I agree with my colleague attorney Mulder, that you will need to consult with a tax specialist or accountant, about what this all means in your particular case.
Q. This related to I-539 denial for change of F1 to B1/B2 status and its affect B1/B2 visa cancillation
A: I don't believe the USCIS action has any effect on your B1B2 visa ... but you will have to answer questions on arrival, clearing US immigration about the delay. You should be OK if you can convince them that, despite the short overstay period, you have no intention of overstaying this time. Best to bring with you proof of your work, etc. arrangements upon return to India ... with specific dates. Good luck.
Q. I have H4 visa. Got selected in H1B and got i797a approval. But ...
A: Your better option is to apply for an H1B visa, based on the I-797A approval notice. Then, you will be able to bypass the change-of-status delay and re-enter the USA as an H1B worker. This answer assumes you did not violate your H4 visa status prior to leaving the USA, for example working for the employer "as if" you already had the H1B C/S approved.
Q. Need help with my daca on elegibility category I don’t know what to put for the form I-765 can anyone help
A: Should be easy. Go to and enter I-765 and keep clicking until you get to instructions page. Or go to and enter search term "DACA" and keep going and you will find the I-765 category. Offhand I think it's (c)(33) by the way, but DON'T take my word for it.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Allen C. Ladd, P.C.
14 Whitsett Street
Greenville, SC 29601
Telephone: (864) 991-8450
Fax: (864) 991-8484