Free Consultation: (219) 476-3870Tap to Call This Lawyer
Alexander Florian Steciuch

Alexander Florian Steciuch

Steciuch Law
  • Estate Planning, Probate, Elder Law...
  • Indiana
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

My name is Alexander Florian Steciuch and I am a licensed attorney operating in Northwest Indiana. As a lifelong citizen of this area I have a strong personal drive in helping out the citizens of our community, whether it be through proper estate planning for throughout a client's life or helping out with whatever small legal problems that may arise. My legal passion lies in the area of estate planning and areas of elder law. I take strong personal satisfaction in helping people make sure that their wishes are known, respected and carried out by the individuals they trust most in their life in times of incapacity and insecurity.

Practice Areas
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Elder Law
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Free Consultation
    Free 1 HR consultation for those looking to explore planning their estate.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa & Mastercard
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat fees are charged for almost all estate planning services and traditional legal services. Litigation and consultations are on an hourly basis. I offer flat fee estate planning to its clients. It is my belief that I best serve my clients by offering clearly posted prices for our services ahead of time. There are no extra hourly costs for telephone calls, emails or other communications between the client and the attorney associated with estate planning. If your estate planning needs are not listed here, I will attempt to offer an estimated range of cost for your case. $400.00 Basic Estate Plan Package $600.00 Basic Couple’s Estate Plan $50.00 Last Wishes & Funeral Directive $1,000.00 Revocable Living Trust $1,300.00 Basic Estate Plan Package & Revocable Living Trust $1,500.00 Basic Couple’s Estate Plan Package & Revocable Living Trust Additional Services: In Home/Hospital Visit are available. Price based on distance from office. Emergency Visits and Drafting available. Price negotiable on time constraints. I also offer a variety of other general practice services, the full list of which can be viewed elsewhere. Unless otherwise agreed upon, I will attempt to offer flat fee services instead of an hourly rate.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Steciuch Law
- Current
Legal Intern
Valparaiso University School of Law Mediation Clinic
Mediated Small Claims Court cases as well as Divorce proceedings.
Law Clerk
Gordon Etzler & Associates
Valparaiso University School of Law
J.D. (2015) | Law
Honors: Cum Laude
Activities: Valpo Law Blog, Teaching Assistant
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Indiana State Bar # 32772-64
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Upskirting and the Spirit of the Law
Valpo Law Blog
Speaking Engagements
Saving Your Family Problems and Heartache: A Guide To Estate Planning, Vibra Health Fair, Indian American Cultural Center
An Abbreviated Guide To Trusts, 605 Beech Street, Valparaiso, IN 46383
Steciuch Law
Having The Talk: Discussing Estate Planning With Your Loved Ones, 605 Beech Street, Valparaiso, IN 46383
Steciuch Law
Join us to learn how to approach the hard to discuss topic of estate planning with your family members. This topic will cover how to initiate the conversation, how to address the difficult emotional questions and the importance of planning ahead while these conversations can still take place.
The Basics of Estate Planning, 605 Beech Street, Valparaiso, IN 46383
Steciuch Law
Licensed Indiana Attorney
Indiana Board of Law Examiners
Websites & Blogs
Steciuch Law Website
Legal Answers
505 Questions Answered

Q. Does a landlord have to give u a written eviction notice and does he have to give u 30 daya to get out?
A: If your landlord seeks to evict you they will have to serve you the petition to the court. This is usually served by the local Sheriff and is affixed to the property or served personally. The amount of time you remain in the property is entirely set by the court. There is no '30 days to get out.'
Q. How long does a land lord have to give u for a eviction
A: A landlord can move for eviction as soon as you are in violation of the lease agreement. This can be for many reasons but the most common reason for a landlord to file for an eviction is due to late rent. In Indiana a landlord has to post a notice to quit premises or pay giving the renter 10 days to get current with the rent, stop violating the lease agreement, as well as pay any other fees they are behind on. This requirement can be waived if the landlord and tenant agree. After an eviction order is obtained there is no set time for how long a tenant can stay in the rental property before they have to surrender the property. It can range from days to weeks. It is entirely up to the judge granting the order or an agreement between the two parties.
Q. Would my daughters biological father be able to get much visitation if I filed for child support ?
A: Child Support and Child Custody/Visitation are two separate issues. Just because a parent is ordered to pay child support does not necessarily mean that they will also be granted custody or visitation rights. All children are entitled to receive support from both of their parents. In regards to custody and visitation, a court will always look to the best interests of the child in determining whether or not a parent should have custody and or visitation rights. In determining whether or not custody or visitation is appropriate, the court looks at essentially all relevant factors, including elements like history of abuse/neglect, druge use, violence, etc.. You should consult with an attorney in your area experienced in obtaining child support or reach out to your local county child support division.
Q. I notified landlord of water leak & water damage day I moved in. Deposit withheld for water damage. File in sml claims?
A: No one here will be able to give you a yes or no answer as to whether or not a single piece of evidence is enough to win a case or obtain a judgment against another individual or entity. A lawyer can only give you their informed professional opinion on a case after reviewing all of the facts and evidence that you have. That said, Small Claims sets forth a very low standard on the burden of proof in order to obtain a judgment. Written evidence that you informed your landlord of water damage and leakage from the pipes may be enough to win, but once again, without a full review of all of the facts and evidence in the case, it is impossible to say. Even if you plan on representing yourself in Small Claims court, you should consider sitting down with an attorney prior to filing to review your case and obtain legal advice.
Q. I signed a lease for a year in Sept 2018..recd notice in June, middle of the month, rent is increasing for july. Is thi
A: The answer is it depends. The answer would usually be no but depending on the terms of your lease agreement your rate could increase from month to month or with proper notice.
Q. One of the executor of my mothers estate is living in my mothers house for 2 months since her death. She won't leave.
A: You should consult with another probate attorney to discuss your concerns if your current one is not listening or dismissing your concerns.
Q. I was staying with a friend of my daughters, she and my daughter were in an argument and she kept my belongings
A: Absolutely. You can either ask that your belongings be returned or you can sue for the value of the belongings.
Q. I'm in Indiana. Is my attorney required to tell me if I'm a suspect in a criminal investigation? If I ask, that is?
A: Hypothetically, yes, your attorney would have to inform you if you were a suspect in a criminal investigation. Your attorney represents you and has a duty to act in your best interest. How your attorney would know that you were a suspect though, short of being told by the investigating authority, I do not know.
Q. How long do i have to wait after my divorce is final to remarry?
A: Attorney Acosta is correct. Once you have a final divorce decree entered you are legally able to remarry.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Steciuch Law at the Banta Center
605 Beech Street
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Telephone: (219) 476-3870
Fax: (317) 203-1153