Albert Asciutto is a published author and advocate devoted to fighting for truth and justice on behalf of individuals who have been oppressed, bullied, abused, or exploited.
During his undergraduate studies at Western Michigan University, Mr. Asciutto developed a zeal for examining civil rights issues and furthered his passion for writing while double majoring in Criminal Justice and English.
At Wayne State University Law School, Mr. Asciutto continued to pursue these endeavors, serving as Managing Editor for the Journal of Law in Society, while strengthening his advocacy skills in the Mock Trial program. Throughout his legal education, in addition to clerking at Excolo Law, Mr. Asciutto worked as a student attorney in the State Appellate Defender Office and the Wayne Law Legal Advocacy for People with Cancer Clinic. Mr. Asciutto also had the privilege of working as a research assistant to retired U.S. Senator Carl Levin. Mr. Asciutto earned academic honors as a Wayne Law Silver Key Scholar and was the recipient of the State Bar of Michigan Health Care Law Section Academic Achievement Award.
- Civil Rights
- Consumer Law
- Appeals & Appellate
- State Bar of Michigan
- ID Number: 82822
- Wayne State University Law School
- J.D. (2018)
- Honors: • Wayne Law Academic Achievement Silver Key Scholar • State Bar of Michigan Health Care Law Academic Achievement Award Winner • Thomas H. Oehmke Endowed Scholarship recipient • Daniel V. Iannotti Endowed Scholarship recipient • Wayne Law Warrior Pro Bono Award recipient
- Activities: • The Journal of Law in Society, Managing Editor • Wayne Law Mock Trial Program • Medical and Health Law Society, Vice President • Entrepreneurship and Business Law Society, Vice President of Finance
- Western Michigan University
- B.A. (2014) | Double Major: English and Criminal Justice
- Honors: • 2013 Gwen Frostic Creative Writing Awards Finalist: Nonfiction • International English Honor Society Sigma Tau Delta: Alpha Nu Pi Chapter, Member
- State Bar of Michigan # P82822