Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Intellectual Property
Additional Practice Area
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Czech Republic
- Czech Republic
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of California
- English: Spoken, Written
- Intellectual Property Attorney
- AKIP Legal - Laguna Beach, CA
- - Current
- • Patent research; patentability of emerging technologies, patent landscape and whitespace analysis, freedom to operate, due diligence. • IP analysis and assessment in the aerospace, mechanical, industrial, energy, medical, materials, food technology and automotive arts among others. • Patent litigation support and invalidity research. • Software developer and licensing agreements; master, end-use, open source. • Trademark counseling: strategy, clearance and risk analysis, registration. • Trademark litigation: infringement, opposition and cancellation actions. • Copyright counseling. • Trade secret counseling. • Contract and licensing review.
- Intellectual Property and Engineering Research Analyst
- Nerac - San Diego, CA
- - Intellectual property research; patentability of emerging technologies, patent landscape, freedom to operate, due diligence. - IP analysis and assessment in the aerospace, mechanical, industrial, energy, medical, materials, food technology and automotive arts. - Patent litigation support and invalidity research. - Patent licensing support, portfolio evaluations and opportunity vetting. - Regulatory and Standards research and support; FDA, EMEA., ASME, SAE, ASTM, NSF, ISO, foreign regulations and standards. - Product development research, state of the art research, R&D support and technical vetting. - Scientific, technical and scholarly publications research; prior art and technical solutions research. - Competitive intelligence research, market, IP and technology portfolio analysis.
- Intellectual Property Attorney
- Cermák Horejš Myslil – Attorneys at Law and Patent Attorneys - Prague, CZ
- Patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and unfair competition litigation. • Develop and prepare petitions and responses for first and second instance decision cases (primary and appellate cases) involving patent, trademark and copyright infringement and unfair competition. • Trademark prosecution (clearance, risk analysis and registration). • Trademark cancellation and opposition actions at the national and international levels. • Trademark enforcement regarding anti-piracy and customs seizures. • Domain name disputes, negotiations and acquisitions. • Pharmaceutical patent infringement litigation. • Due diligence in relation to IP matters within mergers and acquisitions. • Negotiate and prepare instruments for trademark and domain name assignments, sales agreements, patent, trademark and copyright licensing agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements and other intellectual property agreements. • Analyses of foreign patent, trademark, copyright, unfair competition and business law. • Legal research and writing involving intellectual property cases; patents, trademarks, copyrights, business and unfair competition. • Prepare legal opinions and case specific analysis for all aspects of intellectual property law, economic competition, trade and commercial law. • Contract and licensing review. • Prepare and review license and contract manufacturing agreements.
- Sr. Mechanical/Aerospace Systems Design Engineer
- Jacobs Engineering/Sverdrup Technology, Inc. - Moffet Field, CA
- Sverdrup Technology is a support service contractor providing engineering design, analysis and management services for NASA at Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, California. • Project management: Initial cost and schedule estimates, design concept, design and • analysis, fabrication and installation supervision and support, documentation. EDUCATION • Mechanical design, analysis and fabrication/installation supervision for a variety of project types: Wind tunnel design, modification and modernization. Large scale facility modernization: 11 Foot Unitary Plan Wind Tunnel flexible wall replacement and electro-mechanical positioning system. Inlet guide vane and honeycomb flow control systems. High pressure/flow hydraulic system design. Design and structural analysis of aircraft modification projects. Aircraft and rotorcraft radar/instrumentation housing/fairing design and analysis. Modification of hardware and components of flying observatories such as the NASA Kuiper Airborne Observatory. Biomedical and human habitat research equipment, e.g. the 8-foot centrifuge for hyper-gravity bone cell research and the 52-foot centrifuge human habitat for chronic hyper-gravity studies. Aerospace models for wind tunnel testing. Electro-mechanical hardware modernization, design, selection and integration with mechanical systems. Space flight hardware. Acoustic mapping hardware. X-Y transverse microphone rail system for large acoustic wind tunnel testing. Large facility piping and piping structure analysis and design: Unitary Plan Wind Tunnel facility piping support structure - earthquake and structural analysis and redesign. Project management: Initial cost and schedule estimates, design concept, design and • analysis, fabrication and installation supervision and support, documentation. • Produce detail drawings for fabrication and installation of design projects. Oversee fabrication and installation of design projects.
- University of San Francisco School of Law
- J.D. (1998) | Intellectual Property Law and International Law
- Directed Research and Graduate Writing Project: National Sovereignty Issues Regarding European Member States.
- Honors: Best Brief - Moot Court Competition 1997
- Activities: Worked full time as a Systems Design Engineer at NASA Ames Research Center while attending law school at night.
- San Joses State University
- B.S. (1990) | Aerospace Engineering
- Concentration: Aerodynamics, Propulsion and Thermal Systems Minor: Mathematics
- Honors: Graduated with Great Distinction (Magna Cum Laude) Dean’s Scholar
- Activities: Responsible for refurbishing the SJSU supersonic blowdown wind tunnel (1989).
- San Diego Mesa College
- A.A. (1985) | Aviation
- Concentration: Flight Operations
- Honors: Graduated with Honors
- State Bar of California  # 197688
Articles & Publications
- An Introduction to Patent Prior Art Research
- Video CLE course, Attorney Credits, 2016
- Review of US Trademarks and Applications Representing Goods or Services Associated with Marijuana and Cannabis: Prosecution Pitfalls
- Intellectual Property Magazine
- 3D Printing: The Next Industrial Revolution? A look into the impacts on the aerospace industry
- International Practice
- Center for International Legal Studies
- Solidworks Certified Associate – C-7XSWW8LBUM
- Dassault Systèmes
- GDT Certified ANSI Y14.4o.
- American Institute for Quality & Reliability
Contact & Map