I am a Houston native who practices criminal defense, family, and immigration law. I have many years of experience handling everything from highly complex to relatively simple matters.
I take great pride in being able to help people who are facing daunting challenges.
Nosotros hablamos español.
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- State Bar of Texas
- ID Number: 24106815
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken
- Urdu: Spoken
- Wali Law PLLC
- - Current
- A law firm specializing in Criminal, Immigration, and Civil Matters.
- Wali Elinoff LLC
- At this firm, I focused mainly on criminal defense, personal injury, and employment law matters.
- Vedra Wali LLC
- I was partner in a consumer litigation firm, that primarily conducted lawsuits under the Fair Debt Collections Practice Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other consumer statutes. I also worked on lawsuits under the Fair Labor Standards Act and handled other employment litigation matters.
- Deputy Public Defender
- Colorado State Public Defender
- I was a trial attorney who tried dozens of criminal cases to a jury.
- The University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- J.D. (2011) | Law
- Activities: Environmental Law Clinic and University of Denver Trial Team.
- University of Houston - Main Campus
- B.S. (2006) | Political Science and History
- Honors: Deans List
- Super Lawyer - Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- Selected to Rising Stars: 2016 - 2019
- State Bar of Texas  # 24106815
- What are your rights when stopped by the police?
- The Legal Blog of Wali Law PLLC
- Maximizing the Value of Debt Defense Cases
- NACA - Webinar
- Wali Law PLLC
- Q. How do I request charges to be dismissed at arraignment when I'm representing myself?
- A: This is an unfortunate situation, but these types of misunderstandings do happen. You may want to find out who the person at the register was when you were there. Once you know who it is, you can find out if they remember you going to the register that day. You can also potentially subpoena Wal Mart's sales records or video recordings. Also, if you paid with a credit card, you may be able to use your own banking records.
- Q. Boyfriend tried to strangle me. I have pictures of my injuries. This happened a couple of months ago.
- A: I am very sorry to hear what you went through. Technically you may still report this crime to the police/county DA, but I think the lapse of time makes proving your case problematic in a criminal context. Your best option is to seek a protective order as soon as possible. This can be done fairly easily, through the county DA's office or with a private attorney.